• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Kiwi Grow Off - Heaviest weight of pods off a single plant

I had one come up and have now put most of the rest of the seeds down as well. Will have to check how the first arrival is doing....might be time to pot up. Two of my winter grow seedlings have decided to start flowering already! Hope the Nagas take off like this as well.

All up I have 11 seedlings. The 3 in the cups will be used for DWC and Aquaponics, the rest will stay in pots and the biggest plants will move to 30L bags and I'm hoping to put a couple in the garden in October or something.

2015_07_22_15_52_37.jpg

Rush35 said:
Dude...how fair is that? You get 11 and i get 2 or 3 ! I think Swampy messed with my seeds before he sent them!
lol, i think I have 7 or so sprouts now.

Im liking those seedlings in big pots 

nzchili said:

Haha yeah I decided to pot them into bigger pots straight away to stop disturbing them down the track. I find every time I repot them it slows their growth for about a week.

But yeah. Getting 100-200L of good potting mix will be on my list come October.

Swampy_NZ said:
Ahhh.You got the ones I ate and then sifted out at the other end. :)

I thought they smelled like crap!
nzchili said:

You guys are making me feel inadequate here.....it feels like a conspiracy! Those couple of mine that popped had better perform damn well now to make up for the low hit rate!

Rush35 said:

I thought they smelled like crap!

You guys are making me feel inadequate here.....it feels like a conspiracy! Those couple of mine that popped had better perform damn well now to make up for the low hit rate!

mate, if you cant get any sprouts what makes you think you can look after the two that you did manage to somehow manipulate into sprouting   :surprised:  :surprised:  :surprised:  :surprised:  :surprised:  :rofl:

j/k of course, a bit of smack talk

nzchili said:

mate, if you cant get any sprouts what makes you think you can look after the two that you did manage to somehow manipulate into sprouting   :surprised:  :surprised:  :surprised:  :surprised:  :surprised:  :rofl:

j/k of course, a bit of smack talk

Hey dude! Kick a man when he is down.....that is low!
Soooo take this bitch..... I had another one come up yesterday! I now have 4.......you could still be in trouble if i can get them to grow like my other chilli plants have. I am unfortunately running out of room though under the lights. I probably now have about 1kw of lights running downstairs with extra ones added. Just waiting for the cops to come around now....

Rush35 said:

Hey dude! Kick a man when he is down.....that is low!
Soooo take this bitch..... I had another one come up yesterday! I now have 4.......you could still be in trouble if i can get them to grow like my other chilli plants have. I am unfortunately running out of room though under the lights. I probably now have about 1kw of lights running downstairs with extra ones added. Just waiting for the cops to come around now....
lol well you got me there, and and my no lights

I am sure you will, especially if your seeds did not go through your body first! After last night's wind i am wondering if i still have my small greenhouses outside which i have just put new plants into.....

Small update, one of my naga's appears to be a cross of some sort..its very hairy and none of the others are. Will be interesting to see what comes out of that one.
image_zps7c2u7fsi.jpg

image_zps9n1lhkog.jpg

Hey swampy, did you grow any fuzzy plants it could be crossed with?

nzchili said:
Small update, one of my naga's appears to be a cross of some sort..its very hairy and none of the others are. Will be interesting to see what comes out of that one.
image_zps7c2u7fsi.jpg

image_zps9n1lhkog.jpg

Hey swampy, did you grow any fuzzy plants it could be crossed with?
Nope.You sure thats a pepper?

Back