• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Korean Put Gochu seeds

Last year, Smokemaster passed some of these seeds to me. Of the five seeds, I managed to kill off four of them. I kept the sole surviving plant isolated in the house ever since. I saved seeds from several peppers and ran germination tests on them. Got 80% to grow in 21 days. Grew three of the plants out to verify they were true and not crossed.

The peppers are approximately 4-5 inches long and 1 inch wide. They will be bigger when grown in normal conditions outside, up to 7 inches long or so. They are traditionally eaten fresh when green. They have a light, sweet flavor, with mild heat. On occasion they can pack a little punch. If you let them ripen to red, they are as sweet as candy.

IMG_3267copy.jpg

IMG_3267copy.jpg

Anyway, I have an abundance of seeds for this year and would be willing to send some to anyone interested. If you are, PM me with your information and I will send you some. I've got enough to send to the first ten people or so. Let me know...

I am not sure if they are the same as the peppers used for the powder. I think they are used in making the red pepper paste used in many recipes. I have only minimal experience with Korean cuisine, and we ate these peppers as a side dish with the meals I've had.

Back