Kratky Jalapeno Pepper Starts -

kaitylynn said:
Really love the color!  It seems to be doing well, though I am a little concerned that the nutes might be a little toasty for it.  Nothing burning, so I will not dilute anything...but that the darkest shade of any of my peppers.

Looks good to me. I think your nutes are fine, I think I mix mine a bit hotter than that.

The Lighted Garden is doing well!

The pepper pepper still looks great, about half the nutes have been soaked up, so I believe the plant likes the PH of 6.6, but I will likely add more that are lowered to keep it closer to 6.1.

...and those roots look awesome!  No algae, good air rooting.

Okay, so an issue is arising...the Jalapeno is growing fast and I have had to raise the light several inches in order to not burn the tops.  The other plants are not growing at this rapid a rate and they are starting to suffer from the light being too far away.  I feel like I am getting close to having to move it out of the light box, but we are at coming into days that are too short and it might get too stretchy.  Any thoughts on if moving it to indoor sun light only hurting it before spring?

PaulG said:
Can you put the other plants on an upside down pot
or something to raise them up a little closer to the light?
I tried that last night.  Everything looked great and then today's growth found the plant in the light!!!  It grew about an inch, it might be a mutant.  It is going to have to be moved.  Nothing else is even close to this growth rate.

PaulG said:
Can you put the other plants on an upside down pot
or something to raise them up a little closer to the light?
kaitylynn said:
I tried that last night.  Everything looked great and then today's growth found the plant in the light!!!  It grew about an inch, it might be a mutant.  It is going to have to be moved.  Nothing else is even close to this growth rate.
Sounds to me like it's time to top that one plant, topping pepper plants?, to help the others? Anyone else have any other ideas?

You can use one of these reflectors with a 100 watt—6500 K compact flourescent bulb and just use it over that plant. I personally have never topped one of my plants.

B280A6FB-1392-4437-B5B7-8E086BAC38D3.png

It has BUBS!!!  The plant is now outdoors for the day and in the living room in the eve.  The light is now lower to the other occupants and cannot wait to see them start picking up their pace.

LOL PtMD989, thanks.  I have viewed his threads and I might come up a little short of his results...but this system definitely works wonderfully and I am super happy so far :)

Back