labels Label Making

A time ago, I knew someone whose home made soap business was doing so well that she purchased a multi thousand dollar color printer.  I think it used some sort of wax ink.  It was water proof to the point we would run water over it and the label acted like it was plastic.  I am sure there are more affordable options today. Wondering if someone here might be able to advise.

Would like full color, semi gloss, able to handle getting wet.

salsas2.jpg

Chipotle%252520Guajillo.jpg

I make can labels with Corel Draw and print with a regular inkjet printer. Then I spray the print with a glossy acrylic laqkuer, both sides, 2-3 times.
Glue to the bottles and if necessary cover with a piece of adhesive plastic (the kind that is used in covering books). Keeps the print visible even in a humid place like a ground cellar.

I didn't say plain paper I said waterprooof. It's all in the paper that is used. Click the link, those are waterprooof coated labels made for food products and such, for ink jet.
Available for both laser and inkjet printers
Our weatherproof labels are ideal for labeling bottles, food containers, bath and beauty products or other products that might get exposed to liquids or heavy use. It's also perfect for outdoor label applications.

There's a coating that sets and seals the ink. Similar to the way photo paper works.

I will if I can get it all together.  Likely get recipes, bottles, and labels figured out over the winter.  My mini kitchen idea was going along just fine with both Dept. of Agriculture and Cabinet of Health who have very easy demands like smooth washable surfaces.  Then I got to talking to building code enforcement.  Oh dear god.  I thought the health code would be difficult.  Nothing compared to building code.

Any local printing businessess ?
If you make your own designs I bet it can be cheap, printed, cut and on the right paper too.
If you dont need only a few prints like me - making sauces just for personal use and friends...

tsurrie, I am going for powders and maybe salts.  Just at the present for approval phase.  Probably going to stall till next year due to building code enforcement.  Thought I could get away with pole construction, they want slab.  I dont do concrete.

Back