• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Lamps i am using

Hello folks,

I am using 4 x T12 philips bulbs 40 watt 6500K. I am wondering, i have read a lot of posts regarding red and blue light, the color temp of these ones is 6500K .... for the little cash i have i want to see if i am using something at least a little decent.

My plan:

Using these for inside prep of my plants before they go outside. Then i will be using them for growing yellow 7-pods in the fall/winter months inside... Will these be effective to actually get a 7-pod to pod?

Ok just this weekend i got another 2 more sets ( 8 lamps total), lumber, reflective insulation and built my self a bit of a hot house inside. going to modify this when i start the early fall/winter growing for fruit/pods.. and my lovely wifes tomatoes.. :-) i am now addicted. My wife came upstairs to see and said.. "Oh my word... what the heck is this??" pics once i get home frmo work. Cheers Everyone!!

total price tag.... just under 80 bucks US

If you have 6500k bulbs those are full spectrum and will grow plants, but it's not focused light specific to either flowering or fruiting. I personally prefer a HID setup that produces more lumens using a single bulb. Yeah I did have to get a ballast and it cost a bit more to run, but the lights are second to none for getting results. Plus when the plant is large enough and it's time to fruit I can quickly switch our my MH bulb with a HPS bulb and focus on fruiting.

I used 4 T8 6500K lights this year to start my plants and they grew just dandy. Bought them at Lowes, probably could have gotten them cheaper by shopping around, check it out.

http://www.thehotpep...iefs-2011-grow/

LGHT is right if you really want to get serious, especially growing totally inside. But if want to just start off seedlings to pot up later outside, these will work fine on the cheap.

Back