• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

LanMan's 2012 Grow Log now with pods!!!

So away we go!

The List:
Butch-T 3
Chocolate Habanero 16
Brain Strain 3
Large Yellow Scorpion Cardi 9
Yellow 7-Pot 7
Bishops Crown 10
Red Bhut 6
Aji Yellow 9
Yellow Bhut 3
Hot Paper Lantern 6
Labuya 6
Yellow Scotch Bonnet 9
Black Naga 7
Yellow Trinidad Scorpion 7
Red Fatalii 7
Bhut Indian Carbon 1 as of today
Moruga Scorpion 9
Billyboy Dougla 5
Red 7-Pot 12
Assorted Unknown Habaneros 13

The Seedflat
NewGrill033.jpg

Mabye some will come up, mabye all will come up. Who knows? I'll keep my fingers crossed and will be happy to have one of all sprout but I'm not usually that lucky.
I go home every two weeks so I'll update every two weeks. Thanks for watching, now back to your regularly scheduled programing.

Here are some new pictures of the pepper forest I started in KY

Transplantedpeppers036.jpg

The ones not in the tan trays were freshly transplanted from the seed tray

Transplantedpeppers033.jpg

And my lone Fatalii. Just transplanted into a 3 gallon pot with Promix

Transplantedpeppers035.jpg

I gave away a whole flat to my neighbor who has a pretty mean garden. It will be a hot garden this year!
Thanks for looking!!

No new pics but I have noticed that my Aji yellows and Bishops Crowns are quite leggy compared to the others. is this common?

What a hot forest you have, lol, can wait to grow those too from the seed you sent me. I'll be sure to make a glog out of it.

Well the Tenneessee 12 have become the Tenneesee 10. 2 runt Chocolate Habaneros had to be let go :tear: It is OK though. I stated plenty of them.

But here are the suvivors as of today

The Tenneesee 10

Baseball166.jpg

I will be giving the ones in the cups away and keeping the Big 3( Red 7-Pot, Labuya, and Bishops Crown)

And a few more

TheGarden062.jpg

TheGarden060.jpg

TheGarden064.jpg

TheGarden065.jpg

The potted ones

TheGarden069.jpg

TheGarden068.jpg

TheGarden067.jpg

TheGarden070.jpg

TheGarden071.jpg

TheGarden072.jpg

TheGarden073.jpg

TheGarden074.jpg

My neighbors garden.

TheGarden098.jpg

TheGarden102.jpg

TheGarden095.jpg

Lots of peppers!

I dont know why some of the pics have to be clicked?!?!?

Thanks Spicegeist. I am glad to hav them in the ground. I can't wait to go home in another week and see how much they have grown.

My wife sure does love me. She has been taking care of my peppers and my beer and wine for the last 6 months while I have been out of town.
Thank you sweetheart, I love you. You probabily wont see this though.

I finally asked my wife to give me a list of the plants in the garden..

I have

2 Morgua Scorpions
3 Red Fatalii
1 Bishops Crown
2 Red 7-Pots
1 Peach Bhut
1 Red Bhut
2 Yellow Trinidad Scorpions
2 Hot Paper Lanterns
2 Yellow Scotch Bonnets
3 Yellow Bhuts
1 Bhut Indian Carbon
1 Unknown Habanero
1 Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
1 Billyboy Douglah
2 Yellow Scorpion Cardis
2 Aji Yellows
1 Yellow 7 Pot

Also
3 Unknown Cucumbers
2 Hale's Best Jumbo Cantelopes
3 Golden Jubalee Tomatos
1 Betterboy Tomato

Here are my three keepers in TN

Red 7 Pot Sorry so fuzzy. but you can see the new growth
TheGarden119.jpg

Bishops Crown
TheGarden122.jpg

Labuya wich has a bud about to open
TheGarden120.jpg

Looks really good man, nice garden plot as well.

Recent storm knocked down that big ole tree? I really miss those woods, used to live in southern ohio, theres certainly decent forest around here, but being a few zones higher really makes a huge difference on landscape.

That labuya is a neat lookin plant! from that angle it almost looks vine-like. Cant wait to see the end of the season results!

Naw, my Huskqvarna knocked em down.. We needed the extra light for the garden. There are 2 more laying behind it

I am looking foreward to the end of the season as well. Gonna make lots of powder

Well nothing really happening in the garden but my potted plants have a slight issue

AlmostHome041.jpg

AlmostHome045.jpg

AlmostHome042.jpg

Soooo.. Is this mabye a calcium issue?
All of my potted plants are doing this. All but one actually. My labuya that I had in TN wich I brought home to KY is a beautiful specimen. But the plant in the top left above the brainstrain is also a labuya but has the leaf curl/bumps

So I got me some Cal-Mag today. The lady at the Hydroponics store said I probabily had a calcium problem and said that this should clear it up.​

Super nice lady. Also told me to keep my Metal Halide and not go with the big CFLs wich was the same advice I got here. But she also told me that my bulb could need replacing as it is 8-9 years old and they do not produce as much light when they get old. Even my wife said that she didn't think it was "as bright" as it used to be. Darn...Guess I'll have to buy a new bulb before winter so my plants will love me.​

That sure could be cal deficiency, I've had similar looking soil plants this season. Amazing how much of the curls that straightened out even on old leaves.

Hope in some weeks time your plants will be looking good. I wouldn't worry about it now that you've added some cal-mag.

I always check my soil plants for bugs every now and then but I'm a bit paranoid I guess haha

I hope that this will take care of my problem. The leaves are severly deformed and my wife said the new growth has gotten worse. I won't be able to dose them till this coming weekend. I know there is a lot of debate going on about calmag but I think I have a strong case.

I was talking to my wife on the phone today and she said I have a pepper on one of my Labuya plants that is about 1 inch long :woohoo: I can't wait to go home tomorow and see it for my self. Don;t worry you guys and gals will be the next ones to see! She also said it is loaded with blooms!! I am going to have some peppers this year!

No new pics but I have noticed that my Aji yellows and Bishops Crowns are quite leggy compared to the others. is this common?

They are tall varieties and grow fast. I had to pinch mine back under
the lights this winter. My Bishop's Crowns and Yellow Ajis are now about 24" tall in 6" pots.

I dont know why some of the pics have to be clicked?!?!?

You are limited to 9 or 10 pics per post. You can add more to another post
after someopne responds with a post. Just go ahead and place them in a new
post below these.

BTW great looking plants and garden!

Well I had pruned most of the twisted growth from my plants last time I posted in here. They look real good. new growth is looking nice and I even have a few pods formingWOOHOO.
Pods on my Labuya. This plant got hudge in 2 weeks!
FermentedHotSauce064.jpg

FermentedHotSauce066.jpg

FermentedHotSauce071.jpg

FermentedHotSauce070.jpg

FermentedHotSauce069.jpg

Everything got fertilized and dosed with the CalMag. I think my peppers are happy. All of my potted plants have flowers. The ones in thr dirt however are just starting to take off. Difference in soil temps? The ones on the deck get quite a bit warmer. At least I Will get some peppers this year.
Oh yeah. I had an infestation of aphids on my potted plants. Dusted them up and havent seen one since!

Thanks for looking
Cheers
Chris

Here is a little update to the log.

in the ground
Chrisspictures307.jpg

Chrisspictures306.jpg

On the porch
Chrisspictures299.jpg

Chrisspictures298.jpg

Chrisspictures297.jpg

My back porch plants are getting huge and are covered in buds.
Thanks for looking

Cheers
Chris

Your plants are bushing out nicely, That Kentucky sun will really push them over the edge. They'll probably be 2 ft + within the next month

Back