• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

baccatum Largest baccatum

What is the largest baccatum? I am growing Aji pacay which seems to be the biggest I have seen, but what else is out there?

My Aji Fantasy white was on the heavy side too, with most of the pods weighing over 20 grams each.

Did you like the taste? I didn't like it. Too floral and weird. Maybe I had a bad sample but that made me not want to grow it.
@Karpasruuti Yeah I did. They were nothing near spectacular but still very crunchy, had thick walls, were sweet with citrusy undertones and most importantly not "soapy" at all like some C. baccatum can be.

Mine turned almost pure white (not cream or yelllow) when fully ripe. I dont think the strain is stable yet as the shape was lacking consistency. I did not grow them last year but they are back on my 2022 list! There is also a variation called Aji Fantasy Sparkly white but they taste bland I was told...

Aji_fantasy2.jpg

Last edited:
canadian seed vendor "atlantic pepper seeds" (pepperseeds.ca) is giving away a free pack of aji fantasy white with every order (in addition to another mystery item). at least this was the case when i ordered in late december. just make sure you find the listing for "aji fantasy white free pack" and add it to cart as well as your free "loyalty bonus seeds".

not spicy enough for me, so i gave them to my mother-in-law, and i think she's going to try them out this year.

canadian seed vendor "atlantic pepper seeds" (pepperseeds.ca) is giving away a free pack of aji fantasy white with every order (in addition to another mystery item). at least this was the case when i ordered in late december. just make sure you find the listing for "aji fantasy white free pack" and add it to cart as well as your free "loyalty bonus seeds".

not spicy enough for me, so i gave them to my mother-in-law, and i think she's going to try them out this year.
Received Aji Fantasy red (freebie) in my last order; wasn't aware there was a red version out there!

There is a loyalty program at APS; you just need to add the loyalty pack to your order and choose a free pack among everything they have in store (write the name in the comments box).

There is a loyalty program at APS; you just need to add the loyalty pack to your order and choose a free pack among everything they have in store (write the name in the comments box).
oh i never knew i could specify which type i wanted as the loyalty bonus (i received reaper purple this time). but these aji fantasy were an additional free offer, they even explicitly mentioned as such

Reactions: Bou
Back