• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Largest Pepper Hotter than a Orange Habanero

But not a super hot that is over 1 mil on the shu. I want to grow a large pepper with good fruit taste and some good heat that is not over the top hot. My Red Savina seeds have not arrived so I will grow them next year. I want to try and order a few plants this year if they are still available. I've heard the RS's can get as big as the Congo's. Any opinions between the two of these ? Thanks !

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I love the 7 Pot Burgundy. 
how hot is that compared to a red savina and are they larger ? Thanks !

PS- I've never tried that pepper what is the flavor profile ?

SavinaRed said:
how hot is that compared to a red savina and are they larger ? Thanks !

PS- I've never tried that pepper what is the flavor profile ?
I'd say hotter than a RS and larger for sure. Sweet heat is how I like to describe it and very much the 7 Pot profile. 

1277163_650982478268815_700627797_o.jpg

1184812_648906431809753_1251090437_n.jpg

Moruga Red T.S. there huge and 1 mil shu at least
i have a give away going on right now if you want some seeds let me know

thanks your friend Joe

I've heard white and pumpkin habaneros are hotter than basic. My scotch bonnet is hot, and makes pods the size of baseballs if you're interested.

So much of the size depends on the grow conditions. The orange habs I find at the grocery store are always rather small, but the habs I've grown were much larger. 

I personally like both the Congo Trinidad red and 7 pot Douglah. Congo Trinidad is milder than the Douglah, but still hotter than a hab without getting to 7 pot strength. I also find it has a very versatile flavor profile - works well with any type of meat, fish, or poultry.

I love Fatalii, too, but find there are some things I don't care to pair with it - chocolate being one of them. I primarily use fatalii with cheese, fish, and poultry. (Cheetos dipped in Fatalii puree are to die for!)

Back