event Largo, FL this weekend!

This weekend is the "I like it hot" festival in Largo, Florida. Heres the exact address and info- http://www.yourhotsaucecompany.com/?festival

Johnny will be there, go up and introduce yourself if you make it, I wont be able to make it because I gotta get me an education!

xo nicole

That looks like a good time wish I live closer to south Florida, they are selling plants for a winter harvest must be nice. They also have a amateur hot sauce competition just bring 16 oz. and sign up when you get there. I just gotta learn to stop making my sauces not so hot so people can actually taste the flavors. Sound like fun all the SoFlo posse should at least go. :beer:

if you want the best conch fritters you have ever put in your mouth...be sure to stop at Alabama Jacks on card sound road...cold beer and fresh fried conch fritters...what better can life offer?...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34344-d491818-Reviews-Alabama_Jacks-Key_Largo_Florida_Keys_Florida.html

I, of course, love this place...I am not affiliated with this place in any shape manner or form...just been going there since the early 80s...

if you want the best conch fritters you have ever put in your mouth...be sure to stop at Alabama Jacks on card sound road...cold beer and fresh fried conch fritters...what better can life offer?...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34344-d491818-Reviews-Alabama_Jacks-Key_Largo_Florida_Keys_Florida.html

I, of course, love this place...I am not affiliated with this place in any shape manner or form...just been going there since the early 80s...

unfortunatley thats a bit out of the way , but I do agree Alabama Jacks is good eats, however this event is in Largo (Tampa Area) not Key Largo, I wish it was in the keys :)

aw to bad :o( ... Alabama Jack- I suppose that will just have to wait for another vaca to FL ! Thanks for the "good eats" heads up!

xo nicole

my mistake...I simply read Key Largo when you said Largo...sorry

I went to the festival on Sunday and it was good. It was all the same vendors that go to the St. Pete hot fest. One thing I couldnt believe is that they had a Bhut Jolokia plant there for $350.00! It was about the same height as me, a little bigger than the Bhut plant I have at home. All the other generic Habs this lady was selling were $20.00 a plant. I walked out of there laughing, anyone who pays $350.00 for a Bhut plant is an idiot. I wanted to start telling people where to buy good plants online instead of seeing them waste their money on generic hab plants for $20.00.

The best part of the fest, as always, was a vendor named Legends BBQ(legendsbbq.com) and their Haba-Naga BBQ sauce. They are the only vendor with smoked pulled pork sandwiches, mmmm mmmm good!

What vendor are you associated with Nicole?

I went to the festival on Sunday and it was good. It was all the same vendors that go to the St. Pete hot fest. One thing I couldnt believe is that they had a Bhut Jolokia plant there for $350.00! It was about the same height as me, a little bigger than the Bhut plant I have at home. All the other generic Habs this lady was selling were $20.00 a plant. I walked out of there laughing, anyone who pays $350.00 for a Bhut plant is an idiot. I wanted to start telling people where to buy good plants online instead of seeing them waste their money on generic hab plants for $20.00.

The best part of the fest, as always, was a vendor named Legends BBQ(legendsbbq.com) and their Haba-Naga BBQ sauce. They are the only vendor with smoked pulled pork sandwiches, mmmm mmmm good!

What vendor are you associated with Nicole?

OMG that is insane, $350?! :crazy: .. Heartbreaking Dawns. Johnny was at the booth, I had to stay home in NY bc school. But Johnny and I own the company together, we started the journey 2 years ago, but all the paperwork went threw to make us legit last october... I remember legends bbq from the st petes festival! Didnt they win best vendor award? I think thats what it was, I know they won something!

OMG that is insane, $350?! :crazy: .. Heartbreaking Dawns. Johnny was at the booth, I had to stay home in NY bc school. But Johnny and I own the company together, we started the journey 2 years ago, but all the paperwork went threw to make us legit last october... I remember legends bbq from the st petes festival! Didnt they win best vendor award? I think thats what it was, I know they won something!

Yeah, $350 is insane, but I'm sure some sucker bought it. LOL This lady was selling plants at the St. Pete fest as well for 20.00 a pop.

I didnt really pay that much attention to the names at the booths, what kinda stuff was Johnny selling? So you guys were at the St. Pete Fest as well? Nice, I will definately keep an eye out next time. I have been going to this fest for years, back when only a few people would show up, Sunday was packed!

The one thing I dont like about these fest is that it seems the majority of the vendors there are clueless about the wide world of peppers. I asked the dude that was selling baby plants(he's the old hippy dude that was selling plants at the St. Pete fest)if he had 7-pot/pod. He said he never heard of it. I almost started to tell him different websites to go on. Majority of the sauces there are also made with common stuff, you got to shop online to get the good stuff! LOL

Yeah, $350 is insane, but I'm sure some sucker bought it. LOL This lady was selling plants at the St. Pete fest as well for 20.00 a pop.

I didnt really pay that much attention to the names at the booths, what kinda stuff was Johnny selling? So you guys were at the St. Pete Fest as well? Nice, I will definately keep an eye out next time. I have been going to this fest for years, back when only a few people would show up, Sunday was packed!

The one thing I dont like about these fest is that it seems the majority of the vendors there are clueless about the wide world of peppers. I asked the dude that was selling baby plants(he's the old hippy dude that was selling plants at the St. Pete fest)if he had 7-pot/pod. He said he never heard of it. I almost started to tell him different websites to go on. Majority of the sauces there are also made with common stuff, you got to shop online to get the good stuff! LOL

Yeah, its a small florida hot sauce community, like all the same people were at all the shows we did in FL this time and in June, heres our website so you can check out the products, maybe you will recognize them, www.heartbreakingdawns.com

$350 a plant?....roflmao...and I am only getting $25 a plant for mine...

hope you had a good time at the festival...

Back