• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Last Mystery of the Season! Farmers Market, Labeled Scotch Bonnet

Picked up this seedling from the farmers market a few months back. It was labeled as a Scotch Bonnet, but doesn't have the bulbous ends normally attributed to the pheno.

Very interesting plant none the less. It went from 1 ripe pod to 50, in a span for 3-4 days.

Best Guesses? 

28933689545_703af216b0_z.jpg

28315155934_768f6c5af0_z.jpg

28828575442_f961c4f05b_z.jpg

Savina said:

are your congos that small ? the Congo varieties are larger than the other habs.

Savina, I can't tell from the photo how large these pods are, but the shape and glossy appearance look the same. And the ones I grow are larger than other habs I've seen. My pods are from seeds sent by windchicken.

sail&brew said:
Picked up this seedling from the farmers market a few months back. It was labeled as a Scotch Bonnet, but doesn't have the bulbous ends normally attributed to the pheno.

Very interesting plant none the less. It went from 1 ripe pod to 50, in a span for 3-4 days.

Best Guesses? 

28933689545_703af216b0_z.jpg

28315155934_768f6c5af0_z.jpg

28828575442_f961c4f05b_z.jpg
That 3rd one looks like it's trying to form but for the most part they look like my caribbean red. Maybe got cross-pollinated. In any case you should have a very tasty pepper because both varieties mentioned are an excellent match of heat and flavor.

Hawaiianero said:
That 3rd one looks like it's trying to form but for the most part they look like my caribbean red. Maybe got cross-pollinated. In any case you should have a very tasty pepper because both varieties mentioned are an excellent match of heat and flavor.

Yeah i'm saving seeds from the 3rd one, most unique shaped pods.

About 30 pods are going on the grill today, and then going into a peach hot sauce.

Topsmoke said:
theyre probably F1 hybrids.  Scotch bonnet/ who knows.   I was gifted a "church sale" scotch bonnet this year that turned out to be a Brazilian starfish

IMO taste wise that's a net gain. But does get annoying when you're growing something besides what you expected.

Back