• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Late start help

I had about 50 pepper plants this year, up from the 25 or so from last year. Very product this year.

I had a couple plants in the corner of my garden that had small amount of white flies this year. I got lazy and didn't treat them and in a month most of my plants were infested.
I decided to just whack them all down in this area so they didn't spread to my older and most productive plants. Didn't work.

But anyways, I started up about 30 more plants. They are about 6 inches tall and at that stage they where they are going grow rapidly and need to be planted.
I am in the process of making a large garden, but fearful of planting these guys just before winter. I live in Central Florida where winter is a joke.
Question is, would you plant them ground, in the garden, just cover if frost occurs. Or transfer to 5 gallon pots, then move them into the garden in the spring?

Wife really doesn't want any more plants on our back patio, and 30 pots would surely anger her.

Back