• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Lawrence's Hixson 2014 Glog

I have some big plans for the 2014 season coming up. Already have the layout scheduled and supplies bought So heres's a list of what I'll be growing in the superhot area.

* Brown Moruga Scorpion​
* Chocolate Morugs Scorp.​
* Caramel Moruga Scorp.​
* Red Moruga Scorpion​
* Red Moruga Satan Strn.​
* Yellow Moruga Scorp.​
Brown Naglah​
* Red Naglah​
Chocolate Bhutlah​
* 7 Pot Primo​
* 7 Pot Brain Strain Red​
* 7 Pot Brain Strain Yellow​
* 7 Pot Brown​
* 7 Pot Bubblegum​
* 7 Pot Douglah​
* 7 Pot Douglah Red​
* UN Brain Strain Cross​
* Sepia Serpent​
* Carolina Reaper​
* Jays Ghost Scorpion Red​
* Brazil Ghost Pepper​
* Douglah X Butch T crs.​
 * Brazilian Brain Strain​

I will have 12 plants of each type growing and a few other crosses I have been working on to see how those work out, namely a Bhut Scorp x Reaper and Red Moruga x Bhut Scorpion. So we shall see!

The garden from this year is just about finished so tear down will start in a week or so and into the compost it goes. So once I get it torn down and winterized I will get some more photos up. As for now does anyone know if any good places to buy cheap ski around the Chattanooga area!

Thanks man. I found the cross for the Brazilian Ghost, it's a 3 way cross hybrid between Bhut Jolokia x 7 Pot Douglah x Trinidad scorpion. As for the Brazilian Brain Strain, it's a cross between a regular Brain Strain and Butch T. So that will be interesting to grow as well! 

Well I have an updated list of seedlings that have began growing! This is the second most exciting part besides picking. 

* Brown Moruga Scorpion​
81​
 ​
* Chocolate Morugs Scorp.​
20​
* Caramel Moruga Scorp.​
10​
 ​
* Red Moruga Scorpion​
32​
 ​
* Red Moruga Satan Strn.​
23​
 ​
* Yellow Moruga Scorp.​
8​
 ​
Brown Naglah​
9​
 ​
* Red Naglah​
7​
 ​
Chocolate Brainstrain​
0​
 ​
* 7 Pot Primo​
13​
 ​
* 7 Pot Brain Strain Red​
8​
 ​
* 7 Pot Brain Strain Yellow​
 ​
* 7 Pot Brown​
11​
 ​
* 7 Pot Bubblegum​
11​
 ​
* 7 Pot Douglas​
15​
 ​
* 7 Pot Douglah Red​
15​
 ​
* UN Brain Strain Cross​
65​
 ​
* Sepia Serpent​
11​
 ​
* Carolina Reaper​
42​
 ​
* Jays Ghost Scorpion Red​
8​
 ​
 * Brazil Ghost Pepper​
7​
 ​
* Douglah X Butch T crs.​
14​
 ​
Douglah X Butch T Brn.​
6​
 ​
 *Brazilian Brain Strain​
7​
 ​
 * 7 Pot Savannah​
4​
 ​
* Red Butch T​
6​
 ​
* Unknown Brown Long​
6​
 ​
 * Unknown Brown Round​
4​
 ​
7 Pot Jonah​
9​
 ​
7 Pot Primo x Butch T ​
9​
 ​
Brain Strain x Primo cross​
19​
 ​
Brain Strain x Reaper Cross​
7​
 ​
7 Pot Rennie​
11​
 ​
Defcon 7 ​
10​
 ​
Jigsaw​
7​
 ​
Primo X​
6​
 ​
Heres the last tray!
12111933183_e94fc1702e_z.jpg

I'm quite sad, I ordered two packets of seeds from a seed vendor in Australia, my chocolate Brainstrains, I planted 20 of them and none of them came up, it's been a month now, the others in the tray have already sprouted and are on their first set of true leaves.... I prepared them all the same way and none of them came up from the chico brainstrains....hmmm.

600 4" pots for the seedlings were delivered today! So next is a few more weeks of growing in the greenhouse and then they will go in the pots!

LawrenceJ2007 said:
I'm quite sad, I ordered two packets of seeds from a seed vendor in Australia, my chocolate Brainstrains, I planted 20 of them and none of them came up, it's been a month now, the others in the tray have already sprouted and are on their first set of true leaves.... I prepared them all the same way and none of them came up from the chico brainstrains....hmmm.
That sucks. Give them some time. Choc bhut always have taken forever for me, even my own saved seeds from over ripe pods, so maybe they are equally as stubborn. 30 to 90 days it took, with a few popping still around 120 days.
Don't give up yet!

GA Growhead said:
That sucks. Give them some time. Choc bhut always have taken forever for me, even my own saved seeds from over ripe pods, so maybe they are equally as stubborn. 30 to 90 days it took, with a few popping still around 120 days.Don't give up yet!
120 days!?? I don't think I could wait that long. Wow!

Great looking grow Lawrence. You'll be able to melt steel with all that heat!

I ordered some more chocolate brainstrains to grow, so they will take longer to pod up but that's what the greenhouse is for!

Thanks Nick, yeah ill be able to get a lot of people pods now this season!

Thanks Spicegeist, yeah I'm hoping to do a review of all the Morugas ( Red, Satan Strain, Yellow, Brown, Chocolate, and Caramel) to see which are better in terms of heat. 

In terms of crosses planned there are a few that I know I want to work. 

Brazil Brain Strain x Chocolate Moruga
Reaper x Chocolate Brain Strain
Brain Strain x Reaper x Chocolate Moruga

Those are just some of them that I have planned to grow out over this coming winter. 

Have two flats nearly ready to transplant! The best part is one flat has 49 UBSC peppers ready for their 4" homes. 

12292309424_9d5f9a27d2.jpg

12292040273_7055471801_c.jpg

And the best of all is the 600 pots! 

12292442696_c0c2b5a7ba_c.jpg

Silver Surfer, thank you for the strange cross that is the UBSC! And Vincent, thanks for the pods that allowed me to grow all these peppers!

600 pots :eek: that is 67 sq.ft. of solid plants. That is one heck of a grow Lawrence. Everything looks good so far.

Haha yeah, it's a lot but I have help from people around here. The greenhouse is the biggest help I can put them in there and they have all the room they need!

Had something odd happen, had a flat of my 7 Pot BBG's, Primo x B.S, Sepia Serpent, and Reaper x B.S that for some reason decided to just go down on me. I have no idea what happened but I thought it may have been too much water or some type of deficiency so I put them into their 4" pots and used aspirin water on them to see if it would help, I'll have to wait and see. 

I also have one flat that is stunted big time, they just don't want to grow, the leaves are light yellow and have just stopped, I think it's over watering, so I have taken their lid off to let them dry out. So over the next few days I'll be doing some tending to them to keep them going, I'm hoping that at least some of my Primo x B.S will make it as well as the Reaper x B.S will pull through. 

I'll have to get a photo of the stunted peppers, it's the strangest thing! I've made a calcium foliar spray to see if that may be it since their leaves seems to be a bit curled right now. 

12583038803_8fc2f1b5ac_h.jpg

As you can maybe see from the photo on the left are the 7 Pot BBG's, Savannahs, and such and they have just nosedived into oblivion where as just yesterday they were great. I' starting to wonder if someone sprayed something on them they curled up so quick...

Back