Leaf curl

queequeg152 said:
i f**king HOPE i get a mite infestation this year... im going to smash the shit out of it with the 15 dollar bottle of abamectin i bought in like ... 2012, document it with good pictures using the usb microscope, and then gloat like a smug asshole.

Fair enough. I gloated when predator mites did the trick for me. Payed a little bit extra, sure, but so worth it even just for the "set and forget" convenience. Really not big on running around the garden having to spray everything all the time (and yes, that includes "natural" solutions too). That's a burden to me. One I just don't have time for. But hey, if it works for you, that's cool too. And plus one of my things is watching life in the garden, I'm heaps interested in that, so it was cool to be able to observe the new guys shaking the place up. Got a real kick outta it! Sprays kinda just kill everything and I'm left with nothing to watch..... :(

queequeg152 said:
i was just reading this... perhaps you would find it useful.

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/ent/notes/O&T/flowers/note28/note28.html

on an unrelated note:

i f**king HOPE i get a mite infestation this year... im going to smash the shit out of it with the 15 dollar bottle of abamectin i bought in like ... 2012, document it with good pictures using the usb microscope, and then gloat like a smug asshole.
Thank you!!! On mobile right now but when I get a chance to thoroughly read and research in the morning I will!!!
queequeg152 said:
i was just reading this... perhaps you would find it useful.

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/ent/notes/O&T/flowers/note28/note28.html

on an unrelated note:

Thank you!!! On mobile right now but when I get a chance to thoroughly read and research in the morning I will!!!

i was thinking last night...

someone should produce an ant farm garage door.

it wouldnt even be hard to produce, expensive  ya, like all one off items.... but just some anodized aluminum mull bars with glass brackets and rubber gaskets. the glass brackets would have flushed hex head screws for retrieving the segmented ant farm modules for servicing.

Bro I had russet mites through my 2014 grow and early symptoms resembled yours, I have tons of pictures of my plants. I will be starting a new thread soon. In the meantime get some sulfur dust. Dust your plants every 3 days for the first 2 weeks. This WILL kill them. The only way you can see the mites is with a 60x -100x, you can get one in amazon for 10-15 bucks. Look on the stems you will see 1,000's of worm like maggots destroying and having an orgy breeding on your plant. Leave them and you'll have millions in no time. "Hung doan" the pathologist at the university of UC DAVIS pathology diagnosed mine and suggested sulfur dust. Keep scoping with your scope and dust as long as there still alive/hatching! KILL THEM!!

I am in the same boat with curling leaves. My plants are growing in the basement the same as last year. This year we have had a ton of days below 10 degrees. I initially thought it was overwatering because of leaf color being lighter green an the curling. I figured just for the heck of it I  would bring upstairs and put in my $60 plastic green house. The temps upstairs are 6 degrees warmer. The leaves are straitening out and the plants are getting their color back. No signs of any pests. I think just a few degrees has made a huge difference.

Back