• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Leaf disease

Hello,

Have gotten some new disease on my indoorplants (overwintering).
Small black spots on leaves and they're drying out after a couple of weeks, I'm getting new growth though and its setting some fruit but i guess at some moment the plants will stop producing new leaves...
Anyone got a clue what it could be? Bought some epsom salt that I am foilarspraying. Also got some general fungi/bact pesticide but will see if the epsom salt does any difference first. Also trying to give it some more nuts, haven't been feeding to much this winter.

bild.JPG

bild2.JPG

Definitely some type of viral infection. Most of them aren't fatal to the plant and there isn't much you can do about them. I would keep it away from other plants and be sure to wash your hands/tools after interacting with it. Sorry I can't be more specific.

You could try some type of fungicide and give the plant a bath with it.

I had one similar. Grew it from seed and never saw outside ever. I cut all the leaves off and put it near a window so that it could get some natural sunlight instead of artificial. And then I gave it double dosage of cal mag and cut down on the other ferts and it grew back without the problem.

Just my experience with it.

I don't think they can. Pods that survive infections can produce seeds that are more resistant to that specific infection I believe.

Dan, cal-mag is not going to cure a vial infection.

Back