• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Leaf Issue....

Leaves have bad spots... Thoughts on why?

km4MliU.jpg

possible over water and not enough air flow ,  they like it on the dry side ..   10 %  hyd. peroxide ( food grd. )   to 90 % water . very good medicine .      :onfire:

Cool. The new growth looks fantastic, so I am not overly concerned.. Just wanted to make sure it wasnt something serious lol

black leaf edges are usually a good indicator of moisture issues, let the top of the soil go dry before watering and never use plastic cups for pots.  Minor issues like these are normally grown out of. 

Topsmoke said:
black leaf edges are usually a good indicator of moisture issues, let the top of the soil go dry before watering and never use plastic cups for pots.  Minor issues like these are normally grown out of. 
I am just starting out, first attempt at a grow season..tons of people suggest using solo cups for small plants. Curious why you recommend against it? Taking in as much info as I can

Yea it was probably my fault. I Had only 3 plants at the time and when 1 looked thirsty I just watered them all.. I knew better

Topsmoke said:

cubbieblue82 said:
I am just starting out, first attempt at a grow season..tons of people suggest using solo cups for small plants. Curious why you recommend against it? Taking in as much info as I can
I'm curious about this too. Check out Khang Starr's YouTube videos, he uses the double cup method and his plants always look great:

Plastic cups make sh!t pots because they're ...cups!  Pots are designed to drain, cups are designed to retain. They dont drain well no matter how many holes you put in the bottom, shape of a plastic cup promotes root spiral and they're very flimsy and prone to tipping...the list goes on.  Little pots for seedlings are cheap and reusable, it makes no sense to mess about with cups.  You can drive a nail with a wrench but why bother when hammers exist?  If your growing a ton of plants and buying pots just isnt feasible then make them with news paper http://permaculturenews.org/2014/05/06/three-ways-make-newspaper-seed-starter-pots/ (these work really well if you can keep multiple pots pressed together) or even better use soil blocks.  The bottom line is dont mess about, if youre serious about growing peppers then get serious and get the proper gear  youll have a lot less problems and ultimately a more satisfying experience.

Back