• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Leaf issue

I feel like every day my leaves or plants have some issue.... hopefully as time goes on I will recognize and get better and fine tuning things. These are my new plants so Im trying to nip it in the bud. 2-3 of my new plants have similar signs on their leaves. My Jalapeno is the biggest and healthiest and has no issues. My scotch bonnet looks like this.

This was from 2 days ago, today I noticed the slight brown spot in the center is darker. Embeded but added a link so it can be viewed larger.

http://i.imgur.com/XTH7ZeH.jpg

XTH7ZeH.jpg

Both are fed the same nutrients. a 1-1-1 tsp/gal of GH. Its in a drip system. PPM is around 450, I've since changed out the res and upped it to 650, the lower nutes were from when they were quite small.

If the top growth looks as nice as it does on the photo, I would say this is not a reason for concern. Oftentimes you get slight leaf problems with the oldest leaves but they dont hinder growth nor fruit production in my experience.

fertilizer said:
If the top growth looks as nice as it does on the photo, I would say this is not a reason for concern. Oftentimes you get slight leaf problems with the oldest leaves but they dont hinder growth nor fruit production in my experience.

Interesting! Didnt know that! The top leaves do look quite nice but ill take some better photos today!

Ayeso said:

Interesting! Didnt know that! The top leaves do look quite nice but ill take some better photos today!
What kind of hydro setup are you running? What pH and which nutes? This is more out of interest than diagnostics though :D

fertilizer said:
What kind of hydro setup are you running? What pH and which nutes? This is more out of interest than diagnostics though :D

Well! I've actually been experimenting with a few different setups. I have some lettuce, cilantro basil in a Kratky. I have a single Jalapeno in a DWC, and then I have my 4 peppers, some lettuce and basil in a Drip system in a flood table.

The Jalapeno is way older and fruiting already but between the kratky and drip its a huge difference in growth. The lettuce is 2-3 times the size, I was quite shocked.

Im using General hydroponics, from seedling to where they are now I was using 1/4-1/4-1/4 Per gallon with a PH of 5.8ish PPM around 450 and my base water is 200ish. Now Im sitting at 1-1-1 with a PH of 5.6 and a PPM of 650. 

Lights are 4 four foot T5s on 18/6 schedule. Drip runs for 5 minutes 2 hours after the lights come on, then 6 hours later, then 6 hours later and off for the night. 

Here is what it looks like today. The new leaves are looking a bit on the yellow side but they dont have the spottiness.

If4v9Ln.jpg

u4uSdKl.jpg

It seems ok to me. If you recently fertilized it, keep it off for a while.

Droopy leaves tell me there's currently something wrong with it though. Do you keep it overwatered or did it dry out on your photo? I'd say it could be overwatering issue.

Tarzan said:
It seems ok to me. If you recently fertilized it, keep it off for a while.

Droopy leaves tell me there's currently something wrong with it though. Do you keep it overwatered or did it dry out on your photo? I'd say it could be overwatering issue.

Its hydroponic in rockwool, its on a 5 minutes of watering 3 times a day. I just changed the nutes to be a bit higher than it was last time as they were for when it was very small seedlings. I might leave it off for a day or so, the rockwool can easily last a few days without watering.

It is droopy which is odd as it wasnt yesterday. It may just be because of the increased nutes and lower PH.

I did take a look at the timelapse and the leaves are perked way up in the morning, and slowly droop as the day goes on.

Here are some non camera phone pictures.

3Y6FXsw.jpg

gghY52K.jpg

Back