• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Leaf problem

So these plants have been grown indoors since jan/feb and have all bee fine with no problems what so ever. I dug a border and planted some plants, I put some into buckets and some in tall planting pots. Now they have on nearly all of them on the pics shown. The plants that are still inside are fine. Any ideas what it is?

Thanks

005.jpg

004.jpg

Sun scald. You need to gradually introduce your plants to the sun (also known as "hardening off"). A quick search here should reveal some successful techniques. ;)

Looks like you did not harden them off slowly. Those leaves were pampered indoors and are now sunburned and wilting. Usually you should gradually introduce them to the sun, like 1 hour first day out, 2 hours 2nd day, and so on.

Place them under a shady tree for about 10 days and they'll be fine. As long as the plant continues to grow they will grow new leaves.

If you can find shade some where during their recovery great, otherwise get a shade cloth for them. I did the same thing as you did and ended up pinching a lot of sun burned leaves off. They have started a lot of new growth and they haven't had but an hour of late sun. I have them under a covered patio so there is no need for a shade cloth, but there will be in the future cause moving them every two hours is out the question :). In a couple more days I will try again but this time I will do it the right way.

I don't really have any tress close enough.

Could also put up a tarp or some shade cloth to cover them so they get some shade -- even an umbrella or lawn furniture would do (pretty much anything to give them some cover so they only get partial sun while they adjust) and then slowly leave them in the sunshine for a bit longer each day until they can adjust (probably takes a week or so to get used to full sun)

Back