Leaf problems

Hello its me again :) I'm wondering if any of you good folk on here can help me solve the cause of these issues i'm having with some plants.

The first is on my Devil's Rib.. it seems to be around the new growth areas and thankfully not widespread. I am suspecting green flies are the culprits but would like a second opinion to be on the safe side. The plant by the way is quite hairy so that white stuff is not fungus lol.

The second issue is mainly with my naga plants however a few devils rib leaves are effected too. I did think at first it was maybe sunburn as over the past 2 weeks we have been in a heat wave of sorts with barely a cloud been seen for the duration of this heat wave and shade temps into the 80's... garden temperatures though have been much higher well into the 90's possibly 100's in grow houses.

Its the pale green patches i'm concerned about. These plants at the time of photograph where a little wilted as its been a very hot day again

Any insight's would be most appreciated..

Thank You :)

Scotch.

First one looks bacterial and the second is a deficiency.  Cannot pinpoint deficiency but there is one.  For bacterial infections I just leave the plant be and they recover on their own.  A lot of times others like to use a copper based spray that will not help what is already infected but help to stop the infection from spreading.  Keep air movement around the plants if possible and try to cut down humidity always works for me.  Good luck!

millworkman said:
First one looks bacterial and the second is a deficiency.  Cannot pinpoint deficiency but there is one.  For bacterial infections I just leave the plant be and they recover on their own.  A lot of times others like to use a copper based spray that will not help what is already infected but help to stop the infection from spreading.  Keep air movement around the plants if possible and try to cut down humidity always works for me.  Good luck!
Thank you :)

I didn't really think about it being bacterial, maybe it is. I just assumed because I saw a greenfly near it and it looks similar to what has happened to a few branches on 1 of my tomato plants, those branches had been attacked big time by aphids. I will leave for now but if it spreads then i'll have to seek out some copper. :)

Deficiency i'm not convinced as these have been getting fed all purpose plant feed. I was reading other threads in here just after I created this thread and I got idea of another possible cause of the fading... bug spray that I've been using to remove aphids. One is a natural spray that contains fatty oils and the other has a chemical and say's on bottle it 'might' effect leaves more typically he younger ones. Maybe one of these sprays??

A deficiency can be caused by many things and you feeding all purpose doesnt matter. Your ph could be off causing lockout of certain nutes or a buildup of salts from your fert schedule could do the same. Just because you feed them everything they need doesn't mean they actually take it up.

millworkman said:
A deficiency can be caused by many things and you feeding all purpose doesnt matter. Your ph could be off causing lockout of certain nutes or a buildup of salts from your fert schedule could do the same. Just because you feed them everything they need doesn't mean they actually take it up.

So do you think avoiding any extra nutrients for a while might help if it is a build up?

Back