• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Leaf tips becoming brown and brown/black spots on the underside

So a couple of weeks ago this plant had some bugs (aphids I think) and I got rid of them with soapy water. But now the tip of the leaves are becoming brown and it's got some brownish spots under the leaves. Should I do anything?

IMG_0486.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

Yea they don't look too happy. What is that soil you have them in?

the tips of the leaves browned like that on my baby cayenne pepper, but did not have black spots, so i don't think the browning is caused by the spots, but it might be.
try putting some compost or potting soil on it or fertilize it.

This one in particular I haven't fertilized. The fertilizer I got doesn't have instructions so I ended up killing 2 out of 4 plants I fertilized so I'm a bit hesitant.

It looks like it needs some food and a new home. Those leaves will probably drop in a week or two at the most. You need to put it in some quality soil in a bigger pot and hope for the best. Or at least put some good soil on top to help it recover cuz transplanting might seal the deal and kill it too in the state that its in. Those leaves are gonna drop and you're gonna be left with a twig in the dirt if you don't do something soon.

Edmick said:
It looks like it needs some food and a new home. Those leaves will probably drop in a week or two at the most. You need to put it in some quality soil in a bigger pot and hope for the best. Or at least put some good soil on top to help it recover cuz transplanting might seal the deal and kill it too in the state that its in. Those leaves are gonna drop and you're gonna be left with a twig in the dirt if you don't do something soon.

I have some better quality soil now to which I can transplant it so I'll try that. I was worried it might be some kind of fungus and be transmitted to other plants.

ThePizzaMonster said:

I have some better quality soil now to which I can transplant it so I'll try that. I was worried it might be some kind of fungus and be transmitted to other plants.
Doesn't look fungal to me. It just needs some TLC

Better soil... get rid of the slash pine (austrailian pine, or at least thats what it looks like) mulch on top it messes with the ph too much. A Bigger pot. And some decent ferts and youll be good.

Reactions: CMJ
Crispee-FL said:
Better soil... get rid of the slash pine (austrailian pine, or at least thats what it looks like) mulch on top it messes with the ph too much. A Bigger pot. And some decent ferts and youll be good.

It's actually coconut husk, it came mixed in with the coir. But I'll transplant it to better soil as soon as I can.

Back