• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping Leaf yellowing on my recently purchased black naga?

Ashamed to say - I bought a couple of plants from the plant centre.
The black naga was bearing small fruit, looked healthy and I repotted it, gave it some fert and I think I may have pee'd on it too :D
The outsides of the leaves are yellowing roughly a week later - what's the story?
Here's a couple of pics to show what's up.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49207992@N02/8418708812/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49207992@N02/8418708438/in/photostream

Not sure what’s up with your pepper plant, possibly over or under watering or lack of what the store was feeding it on a regular basis. I would ask the plant centre you purchased it from what they were giving it that you might not be. I can say there’s something eating the leaves of the broccoli plant next to it or what ever veg you’re growing there, I'd look into catching dem bugs as well. Good luck!

Looks like some fert burn to me. I'd ease up on the fertz and just give it water when it needs it for a bit. Then work your way up with fertz starting with quarter strength then half strength so on so forth.

Ashamed to say - I bought a couple of plants from the plant centre.
The black naga was bearing small fruit, looked healthy and I repotted it, gave it some fert and I think I may have pee'd on it too :D
The outsides of the leaves are yellowing roughly a week later - what's the story?
Here's a couple of pics to show what's up.

I converted the links above to embed the images.

Which potting mix did you use to pot it up?

Did the potting mix contain fertiliser?

I agree with Jamison regarding signs of over fertilising.

I used the potting mix with slow release fertiliser to pot it up.
And thanks, how did you do the embedding?

And it's a caterpillar orgy on my broccoli. Foliage is too lush for a complete extermination but a 2 minute inspection killed 7 or 8 cats.

I used the potting mix with slow release fertiliser to pot it up.
And thanks, how did you do the embedding?

And it's a caterpillar orgy on my broccoli. Foliage is too lush for a complete extermination but a 2 minute inspection killed 7 or 8 cats.

When you said that you also fertilised it on potting up did you mean you mixed fertiliser in with water?

Click on the Share button above the photo and then select the BBCode radio button. It will show the code you need to copy and paste to a post to embed the image.

Peppers and tomatoes aren't the same plant though, are they.
Over fertilizing is basically like giving your plants a heroin overdose and they wondering why they look a bit ill....

Looks like classic Newt burn. Yellowing starting from the tips and following the edges inward.

If you are one of those guys that like to over love and "JUICE" your plants (like me) I recommend compost tea.
You can hit them every day with a foliar feeding and not hurt them. I know because that's how I roll. Pump sprayer and some worm juice will keep YOU busy and your plants happy.

They're both nightshades yes. But belladonna will make you trip balls and eventually kill you... Peppers don't. Just cause they are the same family doesn't make them one and the same. Use your head man!

Go play 18 holes and ignore them,then give your sweetheart that attention. After that go to work and when you come home read a good book. Repeat that for a month or so and then if they look hungry give them some food.

Back