• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

least floral super hots?

What are the least floral super hots? I'm growing Butch T Trinidad Scorpions this year and I think they are fruity and kind of sweet and I don't detect any floral (perfumy) flavors.

u dont detect any floral from BUTCH Ts!!?.......Those are the nastiest peppers in the world to me, eating one is like spraying some perfume in ur mouth!

KingChile said:
u dont detect any floral from BUTCH Ts!!?.......Those are the nastiest peppers in the world to me, eating one is like spraying some perfume in ur mouth!

Really, I think peppers like the 7 pots are really floral.  Reapers are also not floral to me.

Reapers arent floral, i've only tried 7 pot yellow, burgundy and primo but none of those were floral to me.....Butch T is my absolute least favorite pepper of all time thou. I tried one once and never again will try another lol.

Id go with Yellow 7 Pot. The Caramel Moruga and Caramel Bih Jolokia had a sweeter flavor to it also and wasnt very floral at all. Avoid the red and most of the chocolate varieties if you dont like floral.

KingChile said:
Reapers arent floral, i've only tried 7 pot yellow, burgundy and primo but none of those were floral to me.....Butch T is my absolute least favorite pepper or all time thou. I tried one once and never again will try another lol.
i thought the same thing when i first grew them the taste was nasty & Hot ! but i saved all the pods / deseeded , & dehydrated . Then powdered & food  Savered then stored in the freezer . about 4 months into winter i broke open the bag got some powder for a friend , we both put some on our barbecue sandwich's then & only then i tasted  a whole new really tasty powder ! now its on my favorites list .      :onfire:
wrinklenuts said:
What are the least floral super hots? I'm growing Butch T Trinidad Scorpions this year and I think they are fruity and kind of sweet and I don't detect any floral (perfumy) flavors.
peach Bhut jolokia s.s. & jays peach scorpion / ghost .    :onfire:

moruga welder said:
i thought the same thing when i first grew them the taste was nasty & Hot ! but i saved all the pods / deseeded , & dehydrated . Then powdered & food  Savered then stored in the freezer . about 4 months into winter i broke open the bag got some powder for a friend , we both put some on our barbecue sandwich's then & only then i tasted  a whole new really tasty powder ! now its on my favorites list .      :onfire:

peach Bhut jolokia s.s. & jays peach scorpion / ghost .    :onfire:

I've never tried the jay's peach scorpion/ghost.  I read the description of the jay's on refining fire chiles and he states that they are floral but sweet. Weird.

These my friend are excellent ! They got the heat / flavor and aroma ! My top 2 favs. Jays Peach Scorpion/Ghost .
IMG_0906.JPG

bhuts, Butch T, Reapers, various nagas. Not floral/perfume to me.

most habs and  most 7 pots are all floral/perfume tasting.

I call it the chinense flavor , it is distinctive and I'm not a real fan of it.

Jeff H said:
bhuts, Butch T, Reapers, various nagas. Not floral/perfume to me.

most habs and  most 7 pots are all floral/perfume tasting.

I call it the chinense flavor , it is distinctive and I'm not a real fan of it.

I agree. I'm going to have to get some jay's peach though.

What are you guys using these peppers for? In a well cooked sauce the perfume characteristic disappears, evident in some of the best hab sauces out there. Are you eating raw pods or making fresh salsa, which is why you care more? 

moruga welder said:
would you like a few of my seeds my friend ?      :onfire:
Heck yea! I'll send you a pm with my info. Or would you like me to send a self addressed package?  Thanks for the offer!!!
The Hot Pepper said:
What are you guys using these peppers for? In a well cooked sauce the perfume characteristic disappears, evident in some of the best hab sauces out there. Are you eating raw pods or making fresh salsa, which is why you care more? 

I eat raw pods with all of my meals during the growing season. I dehydrate the rest and turn them into powder to use with all of my meals during the colder months. I'm just not a big fan of the fresh peppers that are so floral. Who want's to take a bite of perfume? Not me.

That's why I asked. Thanks.

Yeah makes sense.

Back