• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Leaves curl up, get thick/stiff/leathery, turn yellow and fall off?

Sorry for not providing pics, but my description should be sufficient.

I am growing Jalepenos. Leaves (including upper leaves) are feeling "thick" and leathery, feel stiff and dry. They curl up on the sides and become yellowish in parts. Lower leaves turn completely yellow and then drop.

N deficiency?

(I am growing indoors in a GH but also several outdoors. The reason for the problems could also be the heat. I water them as needed, so I don't think the problem is watering related. I had some in a substrate from perlite/vermiculite/coco, and I feed an occasion a nutrient called "Plant Magic Organic Oldtimer". But it is well possible it is a N deficiency, since I didn't feed too often and my results with plant magic in the past had always been poor.

I have for now as an emergency measure given them Flora Trio (Grow, Micro, Bloom, the old GHE classics) which I had left  since these are non organic, means they should provide nutrients faster. I also did a foliar feed with CalMag.

Thanks!

flexy123 said:
Sorry for not providing pics, but my description should be sufficient.

and become yellowish in parts. Lower leaves turn completely yellow and then drop.

N deficiency?

Thanks!

`
xDSD6QM.jpg

`
t1kKeXP.png

`
hoKZI5F.jpg

`
XojmhzD.jpg

`

`
`

What lets you know when they need water? I'm no expert but my first thought was overwatering

Edit: I'm not sure what I was thinking of. Maybe I misread earlier but I don't think overeating would dry leaves out and make them crisp or anything. My bad.

I'm having yellowing issues, too.
I hit them with some fish emulsion a few days ago.

I hope I don't lose the plants this early.  Last year I was still harvesting peppers in December.

I had to make a second thread, I found out with the help of some guys here that the plants have very likely edema, causing these problems.

I think my issue may be sun.  Now that it's later in the season, my plants are getting shade it 1pm instead of 5 pm.
Luckily they're all in buckets so I can move them.

Back