• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Leaves falling off

Any idea what would make all the lower leaves fall off my young plants? The tops look like healthy new growth. They are only getting partial sun ,should they be getting full?

When you say "partial" sun, how many hours a day do you mean? As mill said, not enough will do it - they need a minimum of 6 hours/day. Pics would also help us ID if that's the only problem.

What the heck is wrong with those leaves, close up pictures and I can help you more. Looks like it could be some sort of bacterial thing from here, or maybe over watered.

Bottom pic on the left looks like some sort of infection.... rest of the plants look potentially overwatered

Now that I compare them to some of my own plants, yeah that's overwatered. He should use some sort of spray, maybe Bonide or such for the infected one, but DEFINITELY isolate that one to prevent spreading.

illWill said:
Bottom pic on the left looks like some sort of infection.... rest of the plants look potentially overwatered
That one is the pepper with the purple leaves.

Just got computer back from shop will try and get closer pics if needed..

We've had so much rain here could be overwater but my plants in ground and away from this group gets the same amount of water and they all look fine?????

It's not the purple that makes me think it might be an infection, it's the weird spotting. Thats not normal

And perhaps the soil blend in the pots retains moisture better than the soil in the ground does? I dont know, I'm just making guesses here

Back