• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Leaves turning yellow

Some of the leaves on my long red slims are begininng to turn yellow. I foliar sprayed them w/epsom yesterday and lightly watered today w/15-30-15. I'm assuming it is some sort of deficiency, such as iron or manganese.
Any suggestions?

Long Red Slim
peppers006-1.jpg

Long Red Slim
peppers005-3.jpg

Long Red Slim
peppers003-4.jpg

The only nutes I am using is 15-30-15 and fish fertilizer. I also spray w/an epsom salt solution. As for as frequency, probably once a week or whenever the soil is dry. I think I will re-pot next weekend so I can get rid of the MG Organic crap they are in .

How often are you giving ferts? At that size they don't need any especially since I believe the MG organic mix already has some in it. Probably burned the roots a bit with the ferts. I don't start with the nutes until at least the third set of leaves if the mix has none already in it, even then only about 1/4 strength. If the mix has nutes already, you generally will not need any at all before they go out.

I would lay off the ferts for a while and they should bounce back. And potting up will help as well.

Good luck!
jacob

Back