• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Leaves turning yellow

Some of the leaves on my long red slims are begininng to turn yellow. I foliar sprayed them w/epsom yesterday and lightly watered today w/15-30-15. I'm assuming it is some sort of deficiency, such as iron or manganese.
Any suggestions?

Long Red Slim
peppers006-1.jpg

Long Red Slim
peppers005-3.jpg

Long Red Slim
peppers003-4.jpg

are you over watering ? let the soil dry a bit not to the point of wilting but you get the idea, are there drainage holes in the containers?

I watered them before I took that pictures, thats the reason why it looks moist. If i took a picture today, the top of the soil would be dry. yes, i have approx 5 drainage holes in the bottom of each cup.

I'll be re-potting this weekend maybe sooner depending on how they do between now and then.

hmmm... some of mine are yellowing also! I have the bone meal (adds calcium) Im going to add some tonight I will let you know how I make out!

I have some bone meal too. I'm going to let them go for now as I plan on re-planting on the weekend. I have a different soil that I put together from the post on this site. So I'll try that and see how it comes out.

I had some yellowing on the tops leaves and found out it was caused by a lack of light. What are using for light?

can also try blood meal for nitrogen -- My Hatch pepers LOVE the stuff so much I began using using it with some other plants

I think i will try the blood meal. I have to stop at Lowes on my way home from work and will pick up a bag. This hobby is getting a little expensive. I guess I will have to cut back on my alcohol consumption. NOT!

blood meal is inexpensive and goes a long way -- remember young Luke "a long way goes a little" and start to bring the plants out to harden a little at a time --

The weather here has been in the mid 90's during the day and mid 70's at night. The wind has been gusting at times, however the last 4 days the wind has been non-existent. I have a long red slim that is getting tall so I will start putting that one outside to get some real light. the others are still a little to small.
If I take a teaspoon of blood meal and add to the base of the plant and water, would that be sufficient?

Back