• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Leaves yellowing and burned... plants dying :(

I can not for the life of me figure out what is ailing my garden. The plants have the leaves go completely yellow bunches of them at a time. Fall off, new growth stems seem burned/grayish and never develop either. Some terminal branch shoots als end up turning yellow and dying.

I thought at first aphids or such, so i have been spraying a combo of soap and azo max for past week. they are just slightly turning around and new growth buds are showing up on some of the plants but not all. I turned the leaves over and no aphids see on the underside. The root system looks good and has been fed with Root blast and Orca. So I am not sure what it is. I noticed that all the leaves on top have this brownish discoloration on them when the leaf fall develops and burning appears. I googled and i came up with nothing. What do you guys/gals think it is???

Thanks in advance. I am also open to any suggestions on how to do a better google search. maybe i am putting in the wrong keywords?

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

any other background info? pot size soil content? water schedule, try some Epsom Salt, and H202 therapy. I been on this H202 kick lately it has worked wonders on some struggling plants.

well watering schedule??? I am in da*n central rain every stinking day florida... I haven't watered in weeks it feels like. The plants are mostly in 5-10 gallon smart pots.

I will have to google this peroxide therapy bit.

Fertilizer i use is usually Flora bloom / flora grow and bio kelp and bio marine additives. usually water every other week. I use root excelerator and Orca (bacterial additive)

thanks

Have i mentioned how much i dislike florida???? :P
if it wasn't for my puerto rican wife that feels that 60 is a cold frond i would be out of here :rolleyes: :P

I am going to give up and go to HD (Home Depot) and buy some kill it all kind of a product and forget the organic approach this year, lol.... just kidding

Looks like there feet are just too wet to me. I had some of the lower leaves do that then fall off during a very wet period. but once it dried out everything greened back up. Good luck.

True, rain will do that, I learn the hard way (40 seedling died), try to make them a little more dry/heat, if it possible give them some nice wind from a fan or something if youre growing it not to outdoor (balcony). Also, you can spray h202 (please search this forum for the dilution recommended), it help kill those fungus.

True, rain will do that, I learn the hard way (40 seedling died), try to make them a little more dry/heat, if it possible give them some nice wind from a fan or something if youre growing it not to outdoor (balcony). Also, you can spray h202 (please search this forum for the dilution recommended), it help kill those fungus.

I used 50/50 tap water and h202. I use just plain old 3% h202 found in first aid section at right aid. It worked for me with 1 treatment but they were very small plants. This was to fight Powdery mildew, a differnt animal completely.

So the containers are really heavy and soggy from rain?

Copper soap may help.

A little bit. There is a green mold/algae growing on the outside of some of the smart pot on the bottom. I think i may have to go the h202 route. thanks everyone for your help. Much appreciated

A little bit. There is a green mold/algae growing on the outside of some of the smart pot on the bottom. I think i may have to go the h202 route. thanks everyone for your help. Much appreciated

yup. Let them dry until they wilt or the containers are very light. Then water them, letting them dry in between. Hit them with some type of fertilzer too.

H202 +1

Will do guys, I am going to do it tomorrow before my trip and will report back on how they fared next week and over the next several weeks.

Thanks

Back