• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

leaves yellowing but producing

hi guys !

this year i had to rely on bought plants from the store but why not they had a good selection.

so i got a couple of habaneros and planted them in a mixture of our own compost which my family has made very good experiences with for many years
and about half of it of a local "tomato-soil" which is pre-fertilised for a couple of weeks.

now they grew, were happy, produced flowers and many already have pods starting but recently when i got another habanero from the same place
i noticed how much they started yellowing in comparison to the "fresh" plant i brought.

see the pics for comparison.

i have no idea how to counteract this and think it is a nitrogen issue ? but after all our own compost makes my family's tomatos explode
without these issues and the chilis they raise in it are fine aswell.

please, advise help, i want them to reach the same full, healthy green the new plant still has - the color difference is actually more prominent irl than in the pics !

EACH PIC HAS BOTH PLANTS IN IT FOR COMPARISON, OLD ABOVE, NEW BOTTOM
i hold the new chocohab i got yesterday at the bottom (very green and leaves pointing up), the old chocohab is at top (way less green and leaves pointing down)

i am afraid of applying fertiliser as the earth SHOULD have enuf for atleast one more month .. advice ?

choco1w.jpg

choco2q.jpg

Howdy,

Those pics look very similar so not sure what im to compare here

they look healthy

mabey look abit like they have taken on alot of water latley

also looks like a a epsom salt(magnesium sulfate)and calcium feed would be good i use a foliar spray of epsom and calcium chloride or u can use a product called calmag or epsom and bonemeal or egshells ect...

best of luck to you

Those pics look very similar so not sure what im to compare here

thank you for the reply, maybe i made my post a bit unclear, in each pic both plants are displayed, the faded old one and the much greener young one,
maybe clarifying this makes it a bit easier to understand ?

its just that the new plant looks so much more "alive" and green than the old one, dont have better pics atm sorrsy,,

thank you for the reply, maybe i made my post a bit unclear, in each pic both plants are displayed, the faded old one and the much greener young one,
maybe clarifying this makes it a bit easier to understand ?

its just that the new plant looks so much more "alive" and green than the old one, dont have better pics atm sorrsy,,

Well either or they look good jsut give them a shot of epsom salt spray and some calcium they will green up for you i use this and epsom salt as a foliar at least once a week some others use the calmag i metioned before.

best of luck

one more thing to add, the leaves feel sort of "hard" compared to the new plant i baught, sort of like they are far more likely to crack
or snapped if some pressure is applied in comparison to how elastic the leaves of the new one are.

damn i wish i had a better picture of what i am referring to but atm only the stupid phonecam is available, believe me the difference in
green if you saw the original plants is quite something.

ill see if the garden store carries something you suggested, im in central europe though so im curious

btw i just checked, they have been in the same soil without any additional ferts for ~6 weeks now which should be the average time for me to start feeding them anyways,
so i guess thats just what i will do, get some nice organic liquid fert and rock away :)
(ofcoz also look into what you suggested above)

Back