• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting LED lights

Hello.  im curious to know of everyones experience here using LED lights for growing indoors.  Im already starting to plan for an indoor hydro grow in a grow tent in my basement.  I already have 13 T5 HO tubes in my tent and was thinking about putting a lumigrow pro 650 in there instead.  It would be a lot of money and im just not sure if it would be worth it.  anyones thought or experience would be great.  thanks.

I use a led panel that I had made for me in my grow tent, it wasn't cheap but it's cheaper to run & doesn't give off the heat that hid lights give off.

It would be hard for me to not use what has worked for me and that is HPS...I just think the led stuff is to damn expensive ...

I have two of the G8 240 combo's and a single 90 flower UFO for my 6x4 area and it works great...~600w of LED equates to ~1,000w of HPS.

Dreamweaver said:
I have two of the G8 240 combo's and a single 90 flower UFO for my 6x4 area and it works great...~600w of LED equates to ~1,000w of HPS.

That's not accurate. HPS has the highest light output per watt  of any light source.

led = 60 lumens/watt,  hps = 150 lumens/watt

Back