• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

LED- this should be interesting...

Gary18 said:
how much powers your traffic light drawing ?

Quoth the spec sheet I linked to...
'The power consumption of the 12 inch red circular indication shall be 20 watts +/- .5 watts at 120 VAC. Red LEDs shall be the ultra bright type and shall be rated for 100,000 hours of continuous operation at nominal current and at 25°C. The operating temperature range shall be from -40° C to 74° C. The LED emission spectrum shall meet the present ITE chromaticity diagram according to the 1931 CIE standard. The viewing angle shall be not less than 30°. Only Red and Yellow LEDs manufactured with Indium technology will be used.'

So, about 20 Watts at 120VAC. That's pretty good for $40, depending on my results later on :)
As traffic lights were all incandescent, I would be certain that you should be able to source an Electro-Tech that uses the standard household current there.

Latest...
I placed a thermoprobe 1 inch from the lense of the light. After 3 hours the probe reads 79 degrees. Ambient temp of the lab is 79 degrees.

The back of the fixture has some heat to it- it feels slightly warm to the touch. But it's definitely nothing that I'm worried about.

I'm off to work tomorrow until the 18th, so we'll see what happens when I return.

yeh same with mine mine give off no heat what so ever, the resistors get a little hot to touch but thats about it

Back