• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

LED vs Florescent

Hi! Over the past few weeks, I've been working on a small experiment. I wanted to see what light setup was better for seedlings. I started off with 3 seedlings that all germinated the same day (all same plant from same strain). I transplanted these in small nursery pots with fox farm ocean forest soil. I put one of them under my t5 lamp, and the other 2 under my LED lamp. The LED plants seem healthy but much smaller that the one under the t5. I plan on moving one of the LED ones under the t5 to see if it outgrows the one that was under the t5 the whole time. I thought this might be a good way to harden off my plants before moving them into my grow tent with more intense light. I read somewhere that plants under LED's grow much slower. I just wanted to test it out myself.
f4462121.jpg

It never hurts to do expriments! My experiment was a soil comparison and the results were quite clear and spoke for themselves. Good idea for the experiment test! :)

This should be in grow tech where you can:

[background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Discuss lights, heaters, irrigation systems, greenhouses, and DIY solutions. Show off your inventio[/background]

[background=rgb(233, 216, 193)]Try reading forum titles before you post.[/background]

Yeah I saw that after I posted it. I thought I was in the grow tech section... then I couldn't move it. thanks...
Also, do you ever post real things or just critique others on here? I don't mean any disrespect, but I have read a lot of posts where you posted and have yet to see a non-critique post. Are you a moderator? just wondering.. thanks

the t5 lamp is a hydrofarm 4' 4 bulb with 216 watts and the LED is a cheap eBay one that is 14 watts i believe.

Back