• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Leggy tomatillos (Verde)

Sort of an oxymoron - these things are germinated to be basketball players. My plants were leggy last year and they were about eight inches from a 150 watt HPS! I've had them a couple of inches from a 104-watt CFL and yep - they are leggy again.

A couple of days ago, figuring I have next to nothing to lose, I topped a plant. It appears to be sprouting! I have a little over three weeks before my first big sale so that ought to be plenty of time to grow.

Mike

A follow-up. One of the tops I cut I stuck in a cup of water. Looked at it this evening and it has bunches of roots growing. Since I have have others that are too tall for my taste, I figured I might as well top them and stick them in water also.

Mike

Are your plants not in the greenhouse Mike? My toms always start doing much better once they get real sunshine

I'll get pics this PM. The GH is still mostly full of mature tomato plants loaded with green tomatoes now. I have 15 flats of plants there but none of the tomatillos.

Mike

wordwiz said:
I'll get pics this PM. The GH is still mostly full of mature tomato plants loaded with green tomatoes now. I have 15 flats of plants there but none of the tomatillos.

Mike

Yay! :dance: :woohoo:

Back