• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Lemme see that...

But really, i'm looking for ideas to build a germination chamber because the one I made isn't really reuseable and i'm terrible at putting seeds in soil and letting them sit until they sprout. I don't know what it is, but every year I germinate seeds, they either never sprout, rot off or die after sprouting.

But I digress, show me some pictures of your germination setups!

i rock one of these things during winter.
http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-CK64050-Germination-Station-Heat/dp/B000HHO1RO/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1321414711&sr=1-1

I too would like to see what everyone uses. I've been drawing up plans to make a 2'x3' cube out of pvc that is height adjustable from 2' to 4'. I'll then drape mylar over it and have a clip on portable work light with 2 CFLs attached with a Y-adapter. But it's still very much in the planning stages.

Edit: I should point out that this setup is meant to grow from seed to 1 gallon pots before I move them outside for the spring (only plan on having 10 plants total).

link to my germinator

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/2942-seed-germinator/page__p__37855__hl__germinator__fromsearch__1#entry37855

I use the deli plastic containers to germinate the seedlings and then move them to grow plugs after their hooks have developed.

DSC02049.jpg

DSC02058.jpg

DSC02056.jpg

Here is my super deluxe white trash model: http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/19985-white-trash-germination-chamber/page__p__419482__hl__%2Bwhite+%2Btrash__fromsearch__1#entry419482

This is my first time getting into it. I have been doing it at my office. I stuck a lamp under my desk with a random party bulb (for heat) that i had. Paper towel/baggie method
photobucket-4780-1320673435858.jpg

I got a bunch of sprouts from that and put them in cups now i have new types of plants going in that amazon thing posted earlier.
photobucket-4166-1321465017015.jpg

just planted today so no results to report.

I use the deli plastic containers to germinate the seedlings and then move them to grow plugs after their hooks have developed.

Hey SuperHot, if it's not breaking any international laws, could you tell me what you put in the bottom of those containers?

It looks like sand to me, but i've got no idea.

Thanks,
Sean

This is my first time getting into it. I have been doing it at my office. I stuck a lamp under my desk with a random party bulb (for heat) that i had. Paper towel/baggie method
photobucket-4780-1320673435858.jpg

Get those poor plants away from the UVA bulb. At least it's not UVB/UVC (I hope).

Yea sorry i stopped that, but really it was an incandescent black light bulb which i had as scrap cause the real black lights are the CFL's so i made use of the scrap. I think the incandescent puts out about .001% of UV so its basically just a purple light bulb.

Back