• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

lemon drop hotter than shite !!!!!!!!!!

Just harvested a bunch of pusa jwala yellow, and some lemon drop today.
The PJ was about on par with a cayenne with nice flavor.

The lemon drop tasted like potpurri / soap, and hot as hell!!:mouthonfire:

Any other experiences with the HOT soapy one?

I've got green pods on. I hear they are citrusy, but nicer when cooked. Try some sauteed with either chicken or fish. Maybe this will get rid of the potpopuri/soap overtones. I have tasted them once before raw on a cracker and liked them enough to grow them this year. Hopefully I'm not in for a disappointment!

HAAHA! I'm drunk!

Davetaylor said:
he you want a pod with a taste that will throw you and heat to mel your face. Nibble some aribibi gusano!

Hey Dave, what sort of flavour do they actually have? I'll be growing them this season!

JungleRain said:
Hey Dave, what sort of flavour do they actually have? I'll be growing them this season!

really really strong chinese taste but there is something else there that gives them an unusual twist and i can never put my finger on what it is (flowers and perfume are the closest i could describe it)
very nice though and freckin hot so don't be fooled by their tiny size they pack a punch big enough to put you on your ass.
even telling you this they will still catch you out!!

Davetaylor said:
really really strong chinese taste but there is something else there that gives them an unusual twist and i can never put my finger on what it is (flowers and perfume are the closest i could describe it)
very nice though and freckin hot so don't be fooled by their tiny size they pack a punch big enough to put you on your ass.
even telling you this they will still catch you out!!

I like the sound of that, I have one aribibi plant in this year, I was hoping it would be a tasty one.

I too have seeds for the gusano, and was really hoping to get them going for this year but forgot to start the damn things! The peppers look really cool, and I have heard the taste is exquisite, so glad to hear a bit more on the subject here. Hell, I'm only now starting to see pods here, and I already can't wait for next year!

The lemon drops (bac) kind of remind me of Celestial Seasonings chamomile tea for some reason when you smell them. The citrus is definitely a bitter lemon and I don't like mixing them with vinegar. Any recipe I try will use lemon juice and sugar - lots of sugar - or honey is good.

Back