• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

lemon drop

i tasted a lemon drop pepper the other day and it had nice heat, not too hot but a nice buzz. not much of a citrus flavor but maybe that's cause it is a Baccatum vs a Chinense? i was told it was around 100k SU but on the net i saw 20-30k which is pretty mild. the 1st i ate i might agree with 100k. i bought 3 dozen (for a whopping $2.50!) and the ones i have eaten so far are mild and 20-30k seems likely. i froze most of them. i suppose some lemon drops are hotter than others so perhaps that's why? anyone know the SU? anyone like lemon drop peppers?

i just cleaned a bunch of hot lemon pods, i find the heat level equivalent to a ceyenne or slightly higher, most likely in the 50K zone(i cleaned a bunch of cayenne for the dehydrator 2 days ago). perhaps, it's the lovin' i get my plants but they ooze citrus-lemon flavour and aroma. i really like my plants and the product they produce. i have a bag in the freezer and am storing them until i get enough to make a powder. my original plants came from burpees.

Back