• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Length of time to germinate?

I got some Chocolate Bhutlah seeds from Hottoddy.  Germinate it about 10 days ago along with some yellow MoA, reapers, Jonah...
everything popped except the Chocolate Bhutlah. 

anyone have experience with this pepper?

Thanks for your advise.

Sy

Heat is my biggest factor.  Some of the same seeds at room temperature have taken weeks compared to days at 90+ degrees.  If you want to spend forty or fifty bucks, those Styrofoam egg incubators work great.

I also got some the same offer as you did, but unfortunately usps beat he he'll out of my envelope. The seeds were all cracked, broken. I through the whole bag of pieces .25" under the soil, low and behold two seed embryos sprout to become nice looking plants.

Just hang in there and don't over water the seeds.

Lovepeppers said:
I also got some the same offer as you did, but unfortunately usps beat he he'll out of my envelope. The seeds were all cracked, broken. I through the whole bag of pieces .25" under the soil, low and behold two seed embryos sprout to become nice looking plants.

Just hang in there and don't over water the seeds.

yep, it was a little beat up from the USPS.  I am hoping for a 2-3 plants. 
Topsmoke said:

they're all on a heating mat - the weird thing is everything else germinated except the ones I was very excited about.

I'll will keep it in there until they pop.

All of my chocolates took a tad longer than my other varieties. There are a lot of variables as stated before that can make your germination take much longer than other people such as depth, pre soak yes or no, pre soak chemical used, soil temp, hot cold cycle, etc

I had a range from 5 - 18 days.. and I just noticed that the ones I gave up on and threw into a discard pile had about 4 that popped up.... hrmpf

No longer labeled.. no idea what they are but I will plant them. They will be my hunger game plants

willard3 said:

I've had some take 30-45 days.
I get the feeling we dont hear that from many people because they give up earlier.  That and the more variety a person grows the more likely they are to find a stubborn one.  I have a bag of sweet grass seeds in my freezer hoping to trick it into a better germination rate this year.  Tried last year, gave up after two months.  Oh damn sweet grass is a stubborn one.

Crockdock, now I am going to have to plant some chocolates at the same time as reds just to see if that is a normal thing.

Back