• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

less than a quarter sized pepper thin skinned

hi folks,

I am looking for a medium heat, less than a quarter but bigger than a nickle that is thin skinned. i have a recipe in mind and will post it once i make it . the peppers have to be a medium because it is a variation of something i do now and i would still like my wife to enjoy it too. what do you guys think would fit that criteria? any input would be great, i am at this point looking for ideas

Inca red drop, is a baccatum. Very prolific, good tasting, medium flesh, and about the size of the nickel more or less, and it's not that hot.

Hope that helps, it's one of the only one I could get pods this season due to my sh!tty weather lol...

, Walter

Vegas_Chili said:
Inca red drop, is a baccatum. Very prolific, good tasting, medium flesh, and about the size of the nickel more or less, and it's not that hot.

Hope that helps, it's one of the only one I could get pods this season due to my sh!tty weather lol...

, Walter
those look a little bigger than what  i am looking for, i would love to find something that would fit inside of a golf ball, but thanks for the thought and i know this spring was brutal, i have plants that are now just starting to flower...

Smileyguy has an Aji lemon x tepin cross that looks about the right size, but it might be a little too hot.  Maybe a red cherry pepper would work.

craigerator said:
Smileyguy has an Aji lemon x tepin cross that looks about the right size, but it might be a little too hot.  Maybe a red cherry pepper would work.
yeah cherry was my first thought but would be to hot for the wife, I should just get her tolerance up... I am actually working on that but it will take more time than I to try this recipe

djinn said:
yeah cherry was my first thought but would be to hot for the wife, I should just get her tolerance up... I am actually working on that but it will take more time than I to try this recipe

If you cut the insides out, they will lose most of their heat.  That's how peppadews are.

Maybe a seasoning/Aji Dulce type pepper,some are no heat while others are warm to Med.
Some are as small as you are looking for...
Might be too thick fleshed though...depends what one you try.

think what i am

smokemaster said:
Maybe a seasoning/Aji Dulce type pepper,some are no heat while others are warm to Med.
Some are as small as you are looking for...
Might be too thick fleshed though...depends what one you try.

think what i am going to do is use some of my long skinny peppers for the lesser hot roll them and just use the top half of some of my ghost and or scorpions for the hotter/mine look to the recipe thread Monday for my creation. it is going to be a great day to BBQ!

I personally use more blends than single peppers in my rubs and in cooking stuff.
I find I can blend stuff to get the heat and flavor I want that I can't get from other single peppers.
With blends you can match the flavors in the dish you are cooking at the time.
Nothing gets over powered etc.

Back