• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lessons learned

I thought I knew better. I either over-watered or over-fertilized or both. I suspect both. I watered with a dilute solution of Miracle Grow and in the course of 1 day noticed leaves turning yellow and then WHITE! I've since stopped watering and threw out the solution and replaced with water. That was about 5 days ago and over the course, lost 2 Datils and several leaves off the Trinidad Scorpion. Today I noticed the green coming back so maybe I avoided the pain of losing the plants. The small ones are all Datils. In the middle going clockwise are Grenada Hot, TS, 7 pot, and Grenada Hot.

Live and learn......

004.jpg

Does that stuff come pre-mixed or do you have to dilute it? I ask because I haven't used any plant food yet. Lots of people here do but I think more of the natural variety like fish and farm refuse.

I feel the Pain, Every year I lose about 10% and thats about 100 plants or so, fungus, over water, not enough, bugs, god knows else, enough to make a grown man cry!

Good luck with the rest BOB_B

Cheers, SC

I believe your suspicions are right, now that you added the second pic.

brown tips to much nitrogen

yellow to white leaves and then they fall off usually means to much water.

You may have lost a battle but the war is not over!

Does that stuff come pre-mixed or do you have to dilute it? I ask because I haven't used any plant food yet. Lots of people here do but I think more of the natural variety like fish and farm refuse.

I just use Miracle Gro and dilute it. But, I'm sure I fertilized too soon and too much - it's better to let the root system take before adding fertilizer, at least that's my theory. Here's a better pictue that shows the green coming back after I halted water and fertilizer.

The empty is in remembrance of the dead soldiers...

I'm still amazed how SLOW the Datils are compared to the others.

008.jpg

that's a shame! it's hard not to want to fertilise to soon. a lot of us have done it. i shy away from the blue stuff because it's easy to cause burn with it. i myself am fighting aphids like a madman indoors. no losses yet but i should own stock in safer soap by now! a dilute of alaska fish ferts might work better for you.

Back