• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Lethal Ingestion

I am one of a lucky few who got to have CaJohn’s test batch (in bottle form) of his new sauce, Lethal Ingestion in which he has taken his Red Savina puree, Fatalii puree and Bhut Jolokia powder, put it in sauce form and did a “super secret proprietary process” to it that makes it super hot (accomplished by what CaJohn sites as a PHD in organic chemistry). This is the same process he did to his Killer Cayenne and Killer Jalapeno sauces (which are really hot too I might add…well, more so that a normal sauce would be). So, basically this is a sauce that has the potential of being as hot as an extract sauce without it being an extract sauce….hmmmm….interesting.

Lethal Ingestion Ingredients: Fatalii Chilies, Red Savina Chilies, Bhut Jolokia Chilies, Vinegar, Natural Flavoring.

I really like the label on this and is actually really cool. It looks as if it should belong on the side of a barrel of toxic waste. CaJohn said that when the sauce is released in 4-6 weeks, it will be in a 2 ounce bottle instead of the 50ml one I have right now. It will also resemble an injectable medicine bottle and comes complete with a clip board. Neat!

The consistency to this sauce resembles a lot of his other ones, medium with no chunks. The puree setting on that industrial size blender he uses must be working although I do see a few half chunks of seed in there. Now to taste it.

OH! WHOA!!!!!! AGH!!!!! YAH!!!!! This stuff’s hot! The heat hits you the fastest I’ve ever experienced in a sauce. It’s right up front and hits hard. It instantly starts off at a 10 then mellows out to a 9.7 or 9.5 which is weird. Most sauces start out low and then ramp up. This is the Bizarro version apparently. Wow. I had a 1/4 of a spoonful and my face went numb, this is enough to rival Defcon Zero and that’s saying a lot coming from me.

The flavor is there briefly before the heat kicks in and it kind of reminded me of CaJohn’s 10 sauce. Mainly there is an “earthy” taste of cumin that hits initially. Could this be one of the “natural flavoring” listed or the result of the “super secret proprietary process”? Then the taste of Bhut Jolokia’s hit followed by the fruity taste of the Savinas and then the scorpion like bite of the citrusy Fatalii pepper. I do notice a hint of vinegar but when put on food, you won’t notice it at all.

This stuff is mean, just plain mean. The effective dose is that of an extract sauce but without that metallic, keytone taste (Defcon and E.Z. Earl’s products not included). Once you have it, the heat hits you like a shovel to the face and leaves you with a numb spot on your tongue. The heat is instant but mellows, then dissipates fast which is interesting, just enough to get an endorphin rush. Looks like that PHD in organic chemistry paid off.

Taste: 9.1 Heat: A brief 10

Sickmont said:
Any pics of the bottle/label?
cajohnya1.jpg

There ya go ;)

imaguitargod said:
There ya go ;)

Wow - awesome colour. Can you compare it to 10 re heat and flavour? Out of the 15 new sauces ( for me ) that I got over the last three months, CaJohns 10 is the best.

Hot Canuck said:
Wow - awesome colour. Can you compare it to 10 re heat and flavour? Out of the 15 new sauces ( for me ) that I got over the last three months, CaJohns 10 is the best.
Ya, it's a a slight similar taste to 10, you'll like Lethal, that's for sure.

I'm going to mix some of this into my pizza sauce tonight and spread it over half of my pizza....should be a fun experiment. I did this with Defcon Zero one time. I let it sit in the sauce for two days in order to let it permiate...soooo goood.

While I was at the show. I followed that stuff with CaJohn's Naga Puree.

Probably not the smartest thing I ever did.

Back