• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Let's talk about isolation.

I was going to, then it rained for two days. Flowers you say? We don't need no stinkin' flowers! I'll give it a shot when I bring them indoors, if the flower drop-itis ever clears up.

Jamison said:
Browning,  I went out and glued a few flowers the other day on a MoA plant.  Will update soon.  So far so good!
Please do :)
miguelovic said:
I was going to, then it rained for two days. Flowers you say? We don't need no stinkin' flowers! I'll give it a shot when I bring them indoors, if the flower drop-itis ever clears up.
That's why I haven't updated but I believe the bit we had roll out today was the last of it for a few days. 

No luck for me yet.  All 3 flowers I glued fell off.  But honestly it was probably due to the heat.  Gonna go out there tomorrow night and give er another whirl.  

Jamison said:
No luck for me yet.  All 3 flowers I glued fell off.  But honestly it was probably due to the heat.  Gonna go out there tomorrow night and give er another whirl.  
Most of the reapers fell off, but alot of those were flowers that still had a couple of days left before they open.

Browning said:
Most of the reapers fell off, but alot of those were flowers that still had a couple of days left before they open.
Browning, I know it's a ways out before needing to worry about this, but thinking through my grow, and wondering what your thoughts are for the glue method. Do you think you'll use it again this year? Did it seem to work better for certain types of peppers? Did you try any waterproof type wood glue to prevent rain issues? Thanks!

Peter S said:
Browning, I know it's a ways out before needing to worry about this, but thinking through my grow, and wondering what your thoughts are for the glue method. Do you think you'll use it again this year? Did it seem to work better for certain types of peppers? Did you try any waterproof type wood glue to prevent rain issues? Thanks!
I never got around to using other glues, just elmers.  Yes, I feel it works well, but it's not fool-proof.  I do plan on using it again, but only on plants that are close to the house that will be monitored daily.  The reason being, because rain, and such can cause the glue to break free and allow the flower to open.   Therefor I feel checking often to make sure this hasn't happened is key to isolating right with the glue.  Because if you don't, who's to say it didn't break free and get pollenated by its neighbor?  For the ones that are further from the house that won't be checked daily, I plan to use organza bags.  Hope that made sense?  Also, I apologize for just now seeing this. 

Back