• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

light green leaves and yellowing

tabasco.jpg

p1010254s.jpg

the plant used to be in a pot but the roots become compact in the pot to i transplanted it to the ground. it still have not recovered yet from its hooked leaves and the colour of the leaves became light. now its turning yellow and dropping.

two weeks ago i gave a 21:21:21 spray to improve its foliage but no improvement yet.
should i gave anything more ?? like seaweed ? magnesium ? etc.

pls advise

I would try some epsom salt salution, that seems to keep my leaves nice and green. I use 1 table spoon per gallon of water and spray the leaves once a week.
Also you may want to check your PH, if tahts way off range the plant wont be able to take up nutrients from the soil.

Good luck

srin2, I noticed that the leaves at the bottom are falling off also. That would suggest to me that they are in need of some nitrogen.

same thing happened to my brids eye plant i just cut back on the watering and pulled all the yellow leaves off then my plant was a whole lot better so i do that all the time now each time i see any yellow leaves

FadeToBlack said:
I would try some epsom salt salution, that seems to keep my leaves nice and green. I use 1 table spoon per gallon of water and spray the leaves once a week.
Also you may want to check your PH, if tahts way off range the plant wont be able to take up nutrients from the soil.

Good luck

i have given some magnesium salt at the ground but i have not tried to spray them yet. will try it soon thanks.

thepodpiper said:
srin2, I noticed that the leaves at the bottom are falling off also. That would suggest to me that they are in need of some nitrogen.

should i add some blood meal ?? its 12 :0 : 0

Sci said:
same thing happened to my brids eye plant i just cut back on the watering and pulled all the yellow leaves off then my plant was a whole lot better so i do that all the time now each time i see any yellow leaves

yeah i am also removing all the yellow leaves from the plant now there are less leaves than the picture your see above.
its raining season now its raining everyday!!!

peppermanbaha said:
just need a dose of fertilizer not to much though.

it just fed it with some organic fertilizer( processed chicken manure)

origamiRN said:
Just curious, what kinds are you growing?
currently just cayenne type , bird eye , tabasco , sweet bell peppers , fresno type and habenero. waiting for the dorset naga and bhut jolokia to sprout.

it could have "too much water" problem if the water is flooding towards your plant looks like you have cement rigth behind the plant is the water draining towards the plant? are theyre any bugs (aphids) sometime they cause leaf curl.

FadeToBlack said:
Did you spray them with the epsom salt yet Srin?
Might also need some nitrogen...
i wanted to yesterday but it was raining it late night!
i will put some blood meal for nitrogen.

Noshownate said:
it could have "too much water" problem if the water is flooding towards your plant looks like you have cement rigth behind the plant is the water draining towards the plant? are theyre any bugs (aphids) sometime they cause leaf curl.

the cement you see at the back of the plant , 1 feet away is the drain and the gradient of the ground is towards the drain.

FadeToBlack said:
Did you spray them with the epsom salt yet Srin?
Might also need some nitrogen...

yup did it today....i teaspoon to a gallon of water .just used a mist spray to do the job

how often to i need to repeat?/

srin2, I'm not sure what you have done to remedy the problem yet but I would just give them a shot of full strength ferts. something along the lines of a 10-10-10 would be good. My guess though is all that plant needs is some nitrogen. Light green leaves changing to Yellow then lower leaves dropping is a sure sign of nitrogen deficiency. JMO.

FadeToBlack said:
I use 1 table spoon per gallon once a week

so you use one gallon of the mix a week on the plant ? or just mist spray on the leaves and keep the rest for next week ?

srin2 said:
so you use one gallon of the mix a week on the plant ? or just mist spray on the leaves and keep the rest for next week ?

Thats the strength I mix the solution, dont necesarilly use it all, but i do have alot of plants now.
Only spray with it once a week.

FadeToBlack said:
Thats the strength I mix the solution, dont necesarilly use it all, but i do have alot of plants now.
Only spray with it once a week.

so how to know how much is enough for the plant ?

i tend to burn the plants with fertilizer sometimes.
even if i was following the label dilution amount.

so i am more careful nowadays.

srin2 said:
so how to know how much is enough for the plant ?

i tend to burn the plants with fertilizer sometimes.
even if i was following the label dilution amount.

so i am more careful nowadays.

You just spraty all the leaves untill they are wet.
I dont think this mixture of epsom solt is very strong.

Back