• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Light times

IMO - no. Ideally you'll let them go dormant for a while. This will keep the reproduction of leaves down, and it's the leaves in particular the aphids go for. Give them less light, heat, and water/fert than you've been giving them to ensure they go dormant.

Everything I've ever read said that only when they're seedlings should they get 18+ hours of sunlight (some say 16), but no more than 12 once they come close to developing flowers... I recall maybe 1 site recommended 24 hour illumination, and even then they only said for the first couple weeks after germination...

Agree - the plant will either put out new foliage or die, regardless of the amount of light you give it. The only thing you have some control over is how fast that happens. I recommended letting the plant go dormant while you're getting the aphid problem under control, and I haven't changed my mind about that. However, if you don't want it to go dormant, just keep feeding/ferting like you have been, as well as giving it as much light and warmth. You don't need to increase these things, and keep in mind that if you did a severe enough pruning, the plant will appreciate you not going overboard to give it some time to recover.

yep ^^^

and I thought you had a 1,000,000,000,000 or so. ?
Man, Scovie, you sure like the big numbers! ;)

Just stopped in to say hello, Sean.

Hello.

Hope everything is cool up your way!
¡Viva NWCF!

Man, Paul G. weird seeing you here.

you might "catch" aphids you know, just posting here.

but only 40,000,000 or so.

seems Sean has them somewhat under control, :rofl:

Scovie Scovie Scovie... I will put the time in to train and release my aphid army !

I am not looking to let them go dormant. I would like them to get going full force asap.... I miss my big beautiful plants !

cut it down to 12 or 9 hrs and you will be fine. I'm running 6 hrs right now and mine are growing back just fine. But i'm not trying to produce and pods over the winter.

Bonide Citrus, Fruit, and Nut Orchard Spray.

Spray the plants, leaves, soil, and the pot itself.

It was the only thing that took them all out for me last year, and I tried too many things before hand.

I'm hoping the ladybugs I ordered don't do what yours did.. Otherwise I'll be giving Bonide some serious cash lol.

I know kind of off topic but I think it will help you with the pest problem..

Good luck.

Brandon

Back