Liquor of choice?

If Im in for a long day of drinking and Im paying then Jameson wins, if Im not paying (or its paydayish) Woodford Reserve, and for high end Elijah Craig 18yr.

I either drink kettle one vodka, or if i am in poor mode, i drink Deep Eddy's vodka, I typically either mix it with crystal light fruit punch, or water with a lemon squeeze.

I'm a tequila drinker and I used to stick to Chinaco Anejo at about $50/bottle. Then, my local liquor store owner introduced me to Hacienda de Chihuahua Sotol and it was $18/bottle for the silver and about $26/bottle for the Anejo. Score! Now, I don't drink anything else. Room temp, no salt or lime, in a snifter.

Nate...if you like tequila, you need to ck out the recipe I posted for tequila mango roasted habanero hot sauce.....

Hummm, well it works out to:

Tequila -
Don Julio

Rum-
Wife likes Cpt. Morgan's
I like more of a Jamaican or Cuban rum, no spices so Myers or if I can get it Havana Club

Vodka-
Prefer true potato Vodkas like Chopin but I also like Tito's for mixing

Whiskey-
Irish - Jamison's
Scotch - Famous Grouse
Bourbon -
Sipping - Woodford Reserve
Mixing - Beam Devils Cut
Sour Mash - George Dickle

JMHO,
RM

Bourbons: Knob Creek,Buffalo Trace,Bookers,Blanton's.

Scotch: Highland Park 12yr,15yr,18yr.

And the occasional bottle of Crown Royal Cask 16 or Makers Mark.

When i have the funds its Ketel One with OceanSpray Blueberry or Cranberry juice, if not Svedka or Polar ice vodka with the same
Bourbon has to Be Crown Royal or Makers Mark Strait
for mixed Bourbon drink Jack with honey and Cherry Coke
Some people like Grey Goose and its cheap alternative Pinnicle, i can't stand either one.
NO Takillya, makes me crazy!
oh and when we have a birthday party i get suckered into making jello shots, sex on the beach and fuzzy navels, both are great as jello shots

Tequila.

Hornito's for cheapness.

Don Julio when I'm feeling like an aristocrat n' all.

Patron is for gabacho's and Mexicans don't drink it.

Orozco did I read that right?

Sauza with DP and icecubes?

Guards!

SEIZE HIM!!!!!
Dont Worry The Icecubes Dont Water it Down By the Time The Icecubes Want to Melt the Liquor is all Gone, I like to Keep It chill

Dont Worry The Icecubes Dont Water it Down By the Time The Icecubes Want to Melt the Liquor is all Gone, I like to Keep It chill

I'm an old crusty fart that is set in his ways.

There are only few mixers that are acceptable for tequila, and I never use the good stuff for mixing.

Dr. Pepper is held in high regard in Texas but not one of them.

Acceptable mixers are tomato juice as in a Bloody Maria.

Orange or grapefruit juice for a Sunrise.

Kahlua and Bailey's for a Mexican Duck Fart.

And of course, Lime Margarita's.

Strawberry mix is a push at best.

That's a girly man drink and for tap dancing swishes.

El Jimador, room temp. in a shot glass. sip.

or other good quila as mentioned above.

basically, any tequila that is not No-Juevos Cuervo.

Back