Liquor of choice?

I'm an old crusty fart that is set in his ways.

There are only few mixers that are acceptable for tequila, and I never use the good stuff for mixing.

Dr. Pepper is held in high regard in Texas but not one of them.

Acceptable mixers are tomato juice as in a Bloody Maria.

Orange or grapefruit juice for a Sunrise.

Kahlua and Bailey's for a Mexican Duck Fart.

And of course, Lime Margarita's.

Strawberry mix is a push at best.

That's a girly man drink and for tap dancing swishes.
I can't wait to go to a bar now and ask the bartender if he knows how to make a Mexican Duck Fart! :dance:

Bourbon: 1792, Woodford Reserve, 4 Roses, or Elijah Craig 12 year.

Scotch: Dalwhinnie 16 year, Macullan 18 year (too damn expensive though), or Old Pultaney for cheap single malt.

My scotch is normally done clean, with a squirt of water. Bourbon is usually over ice, sometimes with a diet Coke mixer.

Only single malt scotches, water depends on the year. Love the entire Glenlivet line, Macallan fine oak series, and Glenfiddich.

El Jimador, room temp. in a shot glass. sip.

or other good quila as mentioned above.

basically, any tequila that is not No-Juevos Cuervo.

El Jimador or other good tequila

Does this mean you consider El Jimador good tequila? It is crap. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt since you are on the wrong side of the continent and clearly good tequila does not make it that far north. Try some El Tesoro or Don Julio. You will never look back.

scotch whisky for me. generally the smoky and peaty malts like laphroaig and lagavulin, but talisker will work too. i like strong flavors and i'm a glutton for pain, so i usually drink it neat (otherwise with a splash of water). however, i have been known to take a johnny black with soda as a replacement for beer.

El Jimador or other good tequila

Does this mean you consider El Jimador good tequila? It is crap. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt since you are on the wrong side of the continent and clearly good tequila does not make it that far north. Try some El Tesoro or Don Julio. You will never look back.

My Uncle P. Perez used to run EL Tesoro in his 700 hp Sand Drag Jeep, 0-110mph in 1/4 mile. In SAND.
El Jimador is good sheeit w.o. being all full of foo and costing three first borns.
Also has the rugged burn, and it ain't José.

I drink a lot. so I ain't wanting to be drinkin a fifth of D.H. to get where I want to go. You feel me?
Oh, and your Box o wine called and said you are asleep. Bastard.

This time of year....

my fav is a Dirty Martini with Beefeaters.
But that's for fancy days. I'm pretty happy with one made with Gilbey's.

But I'll admit to using Bellringers in a pinch.....

Ya know that feeling you get the morning after the night before drinking cheap hwhiskey and beer and eating chili dogs, there's been days I wake up wishing I felt that good so I've learned to say that life's too short for cheap booze and bad cigars. Now I wake up and life is all sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. Maybe Jays the same Scovie but, I wish he'd put that box o wine to bed first. It just called to say he's snoring really loudly and about to wake the baby.

:)

That damn box needs to keep it's mouth shut. It was pissed at me for drinking beer and moonshine last night after I had promised to spoon with it. I left it in the cold. Maybe we will make up later today. Damn box.

Back