• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

List of Super Hot Peppers with good flavor?

Thanks all for your input, I truly appreciate it :)

For some reason I can not edit the original post, so I'll keep updating the list as the suggestions keep coming :)

7 Pot Barrackpore
7 Pot Douglah
7 Pot Yellow
B.O.C.
Brain Strains
Brown moruga
Caramel Bhut
Chocolate Primo
Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw
Ghengis Khan Brain 
Jays peach g/s
Jonah
Kracken Scorpion
Madd Balls
Moruga Scorpion
Peach Bhut 
Peach Bhut by Wicked Mike
Peach Bhut s.s.
Primo
Red Bhut
Yellow Naga

Chewi said:
All taste horrible to me. Now, step down a bit from super and there are several great tasting ones for sure. Just one dude's opinion though :high:

Please, let me know your recommendations, if that doesn't bother you :)

Zonengorg said:
Please, let me know your recommendations, if that doesn't bother you :)

The two that come to mind first are always Bahamian Goat and CGN21500. Plenty hot for most humans and they actually taste good.
BTW I see you have BOC on your list. That one happens to taste really good to me btw. Damn screaming hot too! Cheers!

UPDATED!!! Thanks for your help :)

Zonengorg said:
7 Pot Barrackpore
7 Pot Burgundy
7 Pot Douglah
7 Pot Yellow
Bahamian Goat *
B.O.C. +
Brain Strains
Brown moruga
Daisy Cutters
Caramel Bhut
CGN21500 *
Chocolate Primo
Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw
Ghengis Khan Brain 
Jays peach g/s
Jonah
Kracken Scorpion
Madd Balls
Moruga Scorpion
Peach Bhut 
Peach Bhut s.s.
Primo
Red Bhut
Yellow Naga

NOTES:
* Not super hot
+ Multi recommended

Go ahead and add a + to the Yellow 7 Pot.  Those things are great.

Speaking of yellows, AJ Drew tossed a bunch of 7 Pot Bubblegum Yellow in with my last order and I found them absolutely delicious.  Think of them like Brain Strain Lite.  Not as painful, but still tasty and with staying power.  They're a tongue torcher, but the aftertaste is wonderful and lingers for quite some time.  (Haven't had a red bubblegum I liked yet, btw.  All the red ones I've gotten my hands on thus far were just really bitter and and spiky hot.)

Here's a vote for the Orange 7 Pot (at least I think that's what it was.  It was billed as a yellow brain by the fellow that gave me the plant.)
Most of the pods look very much like those pictured on Pepperlover, although some veer toward the BS lumps and stinger. 
The things are insanely hot, but do have a strong, lovely flavor!
I'd nibble a tiny piece of pod, enjoy the flavor, then suffer somewhat for 10~15 minutes with the residual heat.
Then it was time for another nibble... ;) 

Thank you all for the support!!!

3Cs Morugabrains Yellow
7 Pot Barrackpore
7 Pot Brain Strain
7 Pot Bubblegum Yellow
7 Pot Burgundy
7 Pot Douglah
7 pot Primo 
7 Pot Primo Chocolate
7 Pot Wes
7 Pot Yellow
Apocalypse
B.O.C. +
Bahamian Goat *
Blackout
Bleeding Butch T.
Brown Moruga
BTR
Caramel Bhut
CGN21500 *
Chocolate morugas
Chocolate Naga Brain
Daisy Cutters
Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw
Genghis Khan's Brain
I scream scorpion 
Jays peach g/s
Jonah
Kracken Scorpion
Madd Balls
Moruga Scorpion
Morugabrains Mustard
MRM x 7 Pot Brown
Nagabrain Chocolate
Nagabrain Red
Nagabrain Yellow
Orange Longtail Scorpion
Peach Bhut 
Peach Bhut s.s.
Red Bhut
Yellow Naga
Yellow TS Moruga

NOTES:
* Not super hot
+ Multi recommended
- Some where added from fb friends recommendations :)

I've tried over half of those you're listing.  Many are good, but these one are great to me.

I second:
7 Pot Barrackpore
7 Pot Burgundy
7 Pot Jonah
BOC
Bahamian Goat
Khan Brain
Peach Bhuts

I would add:
7 Pot Pink
Chocolate BBG7
Bad Brains
Fatalii

My favorite supers are the BOC and the Carolina Reaper. Another pepper I would add to the list is Mad Brains.  It probably isn’t considered a super hot since it has fatalii level heat but it would still be considered very hot by most people’s standards.

Gotta try them for yourself and pick winners. Seems people's palettes are all over the board. There are different flavors in:

Reds
Browns and
Yellows

Mixes of these usually share flavors from both sides.
Oranges are some of the hardest flavors to get a grasp on and share both yellow and red flavors. Amazing when grown right.
Burgundy color pods share both red and brown flavors. Personally I haven't had one I didn't like. But then again some are more memorable than others. I don't like ghost peppers and stick to all trinidad varieties.

I'm pretty fond of the pods I've been pulling from my lone Red Bhutlah x Bubblegum 7 Pot plant in my front window.  They are pretty damn hot, but also have a pleasant flavor that is much more enjoyable than the Chocolate Bhutlah x Bubblegum 7's.

Back