• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Literature

The Hot Pepper is my go to for information. Sometimes I like a old fashion read, consisting of paper and binding. Here is a book I recently purchased to add to the coffee table. It consists of 400 of the most popular varieties compiled from crosscountry nursery and chileplants.com. Janie Lamson from chileplants.com actually is one of the authors, along with Dave DeWitt. I'm not promoting in any way, just sharing a bit of literature. Not many books out there with good pictures and info. If anyone has some other literature you would like to share, please do so. Thanks for letting me share.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg

tctenten said:
I saw that book when I got my catalog from Chileplants in the mail. Do you like it?
I do. I have some other books about beginning growing, some varieties, along with recipes. This is the only book I have that shows pictures and identification only. I found it for $18 delivered to my door. Like I said, it's a good coffee table book. As far as growing, can't top THP. I use chileplants.com for a lot of identity. They still have a bigger data base on their site than this book. This is still a good reference. I'm a novice grower and still bought it, but I'm a bit compulsive with anything about chile's. I actually would have loved this book when I first started an interest in chile's. They have an actual catalog by mail? I'll check that out.

OCD Chilehead said:
I do. I have some other books about beginning growing, some varieties, along with recipes. This is the only book I have that shows pictures and identification only. I found it for $18 delivered to my door. Like I said, it's a good coffee table book. As far as growing, can't top THP. I use chileplants.com for a lot of identity. They still have a bigger data base on their site than this book. This is still a good reference. I'm a novice grower and still bought it, but I'm a bit compulsive with anything about chile's. I actually would have loved this book when I first started an interest in chile's. They have an actual catalog by mail? I'll check that out.
Yes. No pics though. It has all of their different varieties of tomatoes, peppers and eggplants. Their website is a pretty good tool for the peppers that they carry.

Back