• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

little peppers from Mexico

A friend from work brought back some peppers that he thought were chiltepin but are too big. They have good flavor and pack a good bite. They are red and 3/8-1/2 inch long. I have one left, I'll try to get a picture up today. Can anyone try to help me figure out what pepper it was?

I was thinking maybe a pequin?

Thanks

Don't know what kind of pepper, but I totally read the subject line like that tv commercial . . . "Avacados from Mexico!"  :D

Pequin or tabasco maybe? The tabasco i've grown in the past were a little more pointed than the ones in the pic. Also i thought they had a strong chemical taste.

Thank you for the info. I was leaning towards pequin too. Thanks to a sasbe I should have some chiltepin this season. :-)

smileyguy697 said:
Pequin or tabasco maybe? The tabasco i've grown in the past were a little more pointed than the ones in the pic. Also i thought they had a strong chemical taste.

I have recently come across some piquins that have a soapy taste when fresh, but that disappears after drying.

Back