• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

LLM's grow log - my first growing attempt

Hello, everyone!
First of all I'm from Russia and I'm here,on this forum, cause we don't have such great forum.
Now I'm growing some cayennes, unknown chili from Vietnam and local variety called "Ogonek" or "Little Fire" along with parsley. Also waiting for lots of other seeds to come =)
Here are some pics(all was sown at the end of April):
All plants together with my main helper =)

dsc01998x.jpg

Little temporary light box( 5.050 lm) for foggy days
dsc02002ht.jpg
Unknow chili from Vietnam
dsc02015g.jpg

Some leaves on cayennes are covering with tiny black dots, seems like bacteria or so, and one small new leaf just dried out comletely. The question is worry or not?
Pic of city at night just for show you where I live. =)
dsc01790k.jpg

And I'm glad to hear your comments.

Where you live looks gorgeous :)

Plants are looking fine to me.But the experts here might know better than me

Hey looks awesome. not sure what the spots could be. Maybe light burn? they dont look to close to me and with a fluro it should be too hot. Do you use a sprayer to water them? if so the water spot on the leaves can help with burning them. Not sure if that fits. Best of luck. And your city looks sweet! What part of Russia are you in?

Hey looks awesome. not sure what the spots could be. Maybe light burn? they dont look to close to me and with a fluro it should be too hot. Do you use a sprayer to water them? if so the water spot on the leaves can help with burning them. Not sure if that fits. Best of luck. And your city looks sweet! What part of Russia are you in?
I live in Far East, Vladivostok.
The spots look like this
dsc02019y.jpg

So you think I should stop sraying them and look how it will work?

very true i wanted to spray mine at first they did not like it also it was how i was over watering them.let them dry out a lot if the soil is to wet all the time you will run in to a lot of problems. i let mine go till the leafes droop. then i water them. great indoor set up does the cat like peppers too. lol

Great start and seedlings look good
thanks for the photo of your city.
Nice helper too, but if you tell them I said so, they would probably be indifferent about it, so keep it between me and you and not give them that little victory.

Love the city pic! The cat with THP up on the computer in the background is a nice touch as well! Wouldn't worry about those little spots, looks healthy to me! If the spots get worse or the plant starts dropping a bunch of leaves maybe a round of fungicide such as neem might work for you. Welcome to THP and good luck on your season!

Shane

Hi guys!
Just a little update. I have repotted my healthy cayenn peppers. Here are the pics
dsc02058o.jpg

dsc02059w.jpg

And all vietnamese peppers producing bunches of new leaves
dsc02063ny.jpg

Some parsley sprouts
dsc02061v.jpg

But there also sad news. Little springtail vermins have eaten the inside of the seeds I planted 2 weeks ago...agrhh!

Gotta take the bad with the good I suppose...

You'll have fun with the cayennes, they'll start podding up pretty quick!

Gotta take the bad with the good I suppose...

You'll have fun with the cayennes, they'll start podding up pretty quick!
Yep, I noticed the buds on the cople of plants.
dsc02065zo.jpg

I read it's better to cut them off to let the plant grow bigger. Right or let them alone?

Growing a cat. lol
dsc02064kc.jpg

Hi, guys! Could you tell me about fertilizer N-[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)] [/background]20%, P2O5 - 13%, K2O - 13% and N -15, P2O5 - 17, K2O - 28. What is better and how to dilute it per 1 plant i.e.(it's 50g pack)?

I would let the Cayennes go ahead and produce. As far at the ferts go...I would start out mixing about half strength according to the label's instructions and see how they react have to be careful with the young plants not to burn them. Most folks on here recommend a general purpose 10-10-10 type fert. Your 20-13-13 will work pretty well during their initial growth.

Got some pepper seeds today =)
Jalapeno Early, Habanero Red, Scotch Bonnet Orange and Hungarian Yellow Wax.
Will plant them next week I guess. I think it isn't really a matter when to plant, if you grow at home all year long.
dsc02131l.jpg

So, think it's time for small update =)
The unknown vietnamese peppers are doing great and blooming already. But cayennes are sad, don't understand what is wrong with them. All plant are 70-80 days old.
dsc02257i.jpg

flowera.jpg

More vietnamese. The germination is 100%.
dsc02264k.jpg

My incubator. Constant temperature is 27C/80.6F(Habanero sprout is without cup)
dsc02265jj.jpg

Sow seeds on july 24th and already got sprouts. I am pretty amazed!
Jalapeno early
dsc02267sb.jpg

Scotch bonnet
dsc02268mf.jpg

Tabasco
dsc02269u.jpg

Red Peter
dsc02270w.jpg

Waiting for Purple Jalapeno and Hungarian Hot Wax. =)

Back