• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Long Tailed Scorpion Seeds...

A couple/three years ago, I sent out a bunch of Trinidad Scorpion Seeds that had very long tails.  I believed these pods were crossed with Bhuts since they were grown in close proximity to one another...

Did anyone ever grow them?

i did.    remember i had terrible germ rates  "probably my fault"   then i had the flood that wiped out my nursery.  so none of them plants are left.

but i did have a few plants that were around for a little while and they had fat long tails. that were way cool and delicious.  i have a couple pics somewheres i the cooking threads.

you going to grow them next year?

Did not grow these Long Tailed Scorpion seeds but they sound very similar to Jay' Ghost Scorpion by the description.  I am still learning these new varieties that have showed up in the last few years AJ.  Have seeds for many of these newer varieties in my garden when you want them.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Did not grow these Long Tailed Scorpion seeds but they sound very similar to Jay' Ghost Scorpion by the description.  I am still learning these new varieties that have showed up in the last few years AJ.  Have seeds for many of these newer varieties in my garden when you want them.
these were seeds that AJ had been isolating for a few seasons i believe?   they were nothing like the ghost scorpion way cooler ;)

Understand these were from AJ just saying they sounded similar by the description is all.  Ronnie is your addy the same if not please PM me and I want to send some seeds and pods I have collected this season.  Thank you.

i understand that you understand. never thought anything diffrent.  

im just saying that i have grown them and they dont look anything like the ghost scorpion.

but what do i know :rolleyes:  

sicman said:
i did.    remember i had terrible germ rates  "probably my fault"   then i had the flood that wiped out my nursery.  so none of them plants are left.

but i did have a few plants that were around for a little while and they had fat long tails. that were way cool and delicious.  i have a couple pics somewheres i the cooking threads.

you going to grow them next year?

Yes sir...am going to get back to growing in 15'....too late in the season for me to start now so I am making preps for next year....I will be set up again by the time germination time comes...

Pepper Ridge Farm said:

I appreciate the offer and I will take you up on it....yup...same mailing address...thanks man...

AlabamaJack said:

I appreciate the offer and I will take you up on it....yup...same mailing address...thanks man...

I just put together some seeds I have collected this year and will pull some fresh pods to put in a box for you tomorrow AJ.  Welcome back!! 

Pepper Ridge Farm said:

I just put together some seeds I have collected this year and will pull some fresh pods to put in a box for you tomorrow AJ.  Welcome back!! 

thanks man....it sure is good to be back...

MisterBigglesworth........where are you located in NC? I'm in Lincolnton, NC. It's between Gastonia and Hickory. I'm about 20 minutes south of Charlotte, NC.

Tim

Back