• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Look what I found in the store (what is it?)

Hi All,

Look what I found last evening in the store. Finally I did not buy it, since they were mushy, but I am curious what you think about it, what type it can be. Its label says Habanero, but we know that not all of the Capsicum Chinense are Habanero :party:
So, it is another identify the pepper log. :rolleyes:
They were 3-4 cm long, with wrinkled skin and the shape resembles the Naga/Jolokia/Fatalii(a little bit)/Devils Tounge. What do you think? If they will have fresh supply I will definately buy one and save the seeds.

IMAG1489.jpg

Regards,
Balázs

Hi!

These are really habaneros, since I have bought these a month ago, and they have the same heat as an orange Habanero.

Balázs: Budapeströl írsz? :-)

Hi All,

Look what I found last evening in the store. Finally I did not buy it, since they were mushy, but I am curious what you think about it, what type it can be. Its label says Habanero, but we know that not all of the Capsicum Chinense are Habanero :party:
So, it is another identify the pepper log. :rolleyes:
They were 3-4 cm long, with wrinkled skin and the shape resembles the Naga/Jolokia/Fatalii(a little bit)/Devils Tounge. What do you think? If they will have fresh supply I will definately buy one and save the seeds.

Regards,
Balázs

There is a similar thread about these...Fatalii is the consensus on that thread...Bonda Ma Jaques, Fatalii, and Devils tongue were all mentioned as well. Whatever they are...they look delicious!

Not habs but definitley C. chinense. Knowing the flavor and heat may help with identification although it may be a hybrid too. I've heard a bit about Europe getting a lot of their "habaneros" from Africa and since the fatalii is from Africa, there may be a link.

Thanks for the comments, guys.
Today I went back to the store, and I found only Orange Habaneros... I will go back on Monday again, and if I find them, I will buy and try them! :fireball:
Since I have not tried neither the Fatalii nor the Jolokia, I am going to eat them just to describe how their flavour was (and to enjoy it :hot: ), and I may ask the experienced members to confirm what type they belong according to my description. :dance: I could say that:
barneyChallenge.jpg

Back