• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

look who stopped by for dinner!

Hope he decides to stay a bit.
20120815_193343.jpg

It took me longer than it should've to figure out what you were trying to show with your picture.

yeah I was kind of happy to find this guy, although like Wulf said, it took a few minutes for me to even see him there upside down on the plant.

Dave, buy you some mantis eggs! They are like 3 for $10. The first year I never see many, but the year after I put the egg cases out, I see them everywhere. If I don't start seeing more this year I am going to buy some more eggs. I just really like having them around.

The reason many people don't "see" them is because they are masters of camouflage.
I find them on my roses occasionally but I have to really look closely to find them.

Awesome, I caught this guy Tuesday night and did a photo shoot then released him back to my garden! I love these guys! I actually had a female last fall for about two weeks and she laid egg sacks which I kept all winter and hatched a few hundred this spring.

582615_3478446604273_1710303181_n.jpg

I had 6 egg sacs this year... saw several hundreds hatch out... and now...

I have a lot of fat lizards.... bostiches ate them all...

I'm debating trying to raise them enclosed somehow to get them to where they would be too big for the lizards to eat, but don't know what I could feed them, plus I think it kinda defeats the purpose, as I think the smaller ones would eat the bugs I need them to eat...

Back